I year ago...

Ehbeagle
on 10/9/14 9:39 am - Virginia beach, VA

I did something just for me, something that has changed my life.  I had weight loss surgery.  The only regret I have is that I waited so long to take control of my life and get healthy.

The day of my surgery I weighed 170 lbs (180 before liquid diet).  I was taking high blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and diabetes meds.  To date, I am off all meds and I have never felt better😀

I have met my goal (130 lbs), and am working to loose 5 more before I work on maintenance.  I started off wearing a size 26. Now I wear a 4/6.  Someone called me "petite" the other day.  It took a moment for me to process and realize they were referring to me.  I still struggle with that disconnect.

I work out five days a week.  I won't say I enjoy it.  After all, it is a WORK out, but I do like the feeling of accomplishment and pride every time I finish another work out.  Before surgery, I made so many excuses about why I couldn't work out, but they were just that-excuses.  I remember going through my exercise class pre-surgery thinking to myself, "You want me to exercise four days a week?  That won't happen."  My exercise routine is the biggest change and the for which I am the most proud.

i am trying very hard to live in the moment and enjoy my success, but occasionally (ok, daily) I worry about regain and weather or not I will mess this up too.  I wish I could say with certainty that I won't ever go back, but I can't so I live day by day.  I enjoy buying and wearing clothes now.  I like the way I look clothed (naked is another issue...skin😁).  Most importantly, I am healthy, and this is why I underwent surgery in the first place.  I feel amazing😃

jenn1469
on 10/9/14 11:52 am

Congratulations you are awesome

Jennifer

tdbull
on 10/9/14 12:29 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congrats on your 1 year and being so healthy and fit. I'm not a fan of working out either, but I do it because I love the way it makes me feel.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

SkinnyScientist
on 10/10/14 7:09 am

To be called petite when we were formerly called "husky" fat, overweight, obese, or huge is the ultimate compliment.  Remember that day forever..

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !