Super excited and encouraged!

GodsChildII
on 11/1/14 11:51 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I don't weight myself until I have a doctors appointment so I have no idea how much I weigh right now!! And it's driving me crazy guessing ( but it is also a bit fun guessing). I went from a size 20 to a size 12!  I can't believe it! ( I bought a size 12 pants yesterday and had room) I am simply blown over. I have my three month visit with my surgeon the week of  Thanksgiving and I can hardly wait. The temptation to step on my bathroom scale and peak is killing me. But I promised myself when I started this journey that I would Not become obsessed with my scale and that I would only weigh myself when I had a doctors appointment. 

I will continue " playing the guessing game" Until my doctors appointment, but I just had to share that. I am tickled pink! 

Susanb2117
on 11/2/14 12:27 am

Wow! that was awesome!  I had my surgery on 10/14 and started at a size 20 so to hear you say you bought a size 12 is so cool.  Kudos to you for staying off the scale, you have great strength!!  I am having a problem with weighing every day and it is driving me crazy.  I am so excited and happy for you.  Great job!!!!!!!!!

GodsChildII
on 11/2/14 12:48 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14
On November 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM Pacific Time, Susanb2117 wrote:

Wow! that was awesome!  I had my surgery on 10/14 and started at a size 20 so to hear you say you bought a size 12 is so cool.  Kudos to you for staying off the scale, you have great strength!!  I am having a problem with weighing every day and it is driving me crazy.  I am so excited and happy for you.  Great job!!!!!!!!!

After reading tons of post here about people weighing daily and the ups and downs of that, I KNEW I did not want to go down that road! I would drive myself crazy if I gain weight one day and lost the next, so I figure it's best not to start down that rabbit hole!

I could not stop smiling after trying on the size 12 in the store and fitting in to them comfortably! I am still totally stunned and amazed!

Susanb2117
on 11/2/14 4:54 am

I beat you are grinning from ear to ear!  I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine a size 12!  In my mind I feel like it will not happen for me - but it will I know (logically).  Thanks for your post, I am going to go down to ONE time a week, that will be much better than what I have been doing.  I did not go down for about 6 days and I was insane.  So happy for you.  GREAT JOB!!!

karenp8
on 11/2/14 2:12 am - Brighton, IL

Its an amazing journey, isn't it?! You might be surprised where you end up at the end. I know I was! I started at 265 and ended up at 120ish. But best of all my back and knee pain is gone and I can walk 4 to 5 miles a day and not feel like I am dying. Make sure to post after your doctors appointment and let us know how it goes! Congratulations!

GodsChildII
on 11/2/14 2:17 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14
On November 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM Pacific Time, karenp8 wrote:

Its an amazing journey, isn't it?! You might be surprised where you end up at the end. I know I was! I started at 265 and ended up at 120ish. But best of all my back and knee pain is gone and I can walk 4 to 5 miles a day and not feel like I am dying. Make sure to post after your doctors appointment and let us know how it goes! Congratulations!

Thanks Karen, it truly is an " amazing journey" it has not been easy but certainly worth it! I wish that I would have done it sooner! I will defiantly come back  post the results after my doctors appointment!

chellenc
on 11/2/14 2:24 am
RNY on 11/17/14

that is awesome! my surgery is scheduled for nov17th and I am both scared to death and excited! I weigh about 265 or 270 right now and can barely get up and down or walk. My knees and back hurt just ready to feel normal! Please keep us updated and congrats again so happy for you! 

Michelle in NC

GodsChildII
on 11/2/14 6:03 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14
On November 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM Pacific Time, chellenc wrote:

that is awesome! my surgery is scheduled for nov17th and I am both scared to death and excited! I weigh about 265 or 270 right now and can barely get up and down or walk. My knees and back hurt just ready to feel normal! Please keep us updated and congrats again so happy for you! 

This was my first surgery EVER and I was terrified as well. Honestly, my first month post OP, I was discouraged and I was not sure that I made the right decision. BUT once I got my energy back and was able to get my protein in each day, I have not looked back!

don't be afraid you got this! 

Bubbles314
on 11/2/14 4:48 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

That's a big NSV isn't it?   So cool.  I can't imagine dropping that many sizes.  You must be proud, you have worked so hard.  I don't have the will power not to get on the scale. But I noticed the Dr scale is 2 pounds lighter than mine.   By Thanksgiving you maybe down another size.  Good job

GodsChildII
on 11/2/14 6:06 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14
On November 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM Pacific Time, Bubbles314 wrote:

That's a big NSV isn't it?   So cool.  I can't imagine dropping that many sizes.  You must be proud, you have worked so hard.  I don't have the will power not to get on the scale. But I noticed the Dr scale is 2 pounds lighter than mine.   By Thanksgiving you maybe down another size.  Good job

Thank You! I am proud and a little scared all at the same time! I can't believe that this is me!

i want NOTHING at all to do with checking my weight on my home scale. I know me and if I start it, it will become obsessive! No thanks to that.