Surgery Scheduled! Pre-Op Diet Questions...

clr055
on 11/7/14 2:02 am - Lewisville, ID

Surgery date of 12/2/14!!!!!  I am so dang excited, I have been researching this for eight years and it is finally time! I am working like a crazy person to get my house in order, cook up freezer meals for the family and use my OCD to coordinate everything. But I love planning for stuff so its fun. My question - I have to start the low fat, no carb, no sugar diet on Monday until surgery. I have never been a "diet cook" and I really don't know anything about fat free.... any tips? How many grams of fat can something have and still be considered low fat? I am looking at recipes and is 9 grams of fat to many? How about 15? Please help!!

poet_kelly
on 11/7/14 4:06 am - OH

You can't have any carbs or sugar?  You'll be pretty much limited to eating only meat then. 

If you're not sure how much fat you can have, I'd check with your surgeon's office.  But I'd also ask if you are really supposed to have no carbs at all.  That would mean no dairy products, no fruits, and almost no veggies.  Same with sugar - dairy, fruits and most veggies all contain some sugars.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

clr055
on 11/7/14 4:19 am - Lewisville, ID

You are right and thank you for making me clarify. No "refined" carbs. Basically I need to leave all the unhealthy carbs alone.

poet_kelly
on 11/7/14 5:05 am - OH

I think it's real important to realize that carbs are in lots of healthy foods and aren't necessarily bad.  Good luck on your pre-op diet!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NYMom222
on 11/8/14 10:41 am
RNY on 07/23/14

on my pre-op (before the liquid) diet I was told I could have a little olive oil on salads or to saute per day. yes there are some fats in foods -meat, cheese, dairy but I didn't count that. No other added fat. Good Luck

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views