Weight Loss Plateau

lovedbymany09
on 11/14/14 9:57 am - NC
RNY on 06/03/13

Help, I haven't lost any weight in 3 months. I have gained 2lbs. I have a meniscus tear in my left knee and my exercise has been very limited. Please help me. I am a year and and 5 months out. Surgery was on 6/3/13. Feeling very depressed. 

The race isn't given to swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...Be Blessed!!!

Racewalker48
on 11/14/14 10:11 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Other than not being able to exercise, why do you think you haven't lost weight in 3 months?  

lovedbymany09
on 11/14/14 10:19 am - NC
RNY on 06/03/13

Call surgeon and he asked had I been drinking 32oz of water and I told him I don't get all 32 oz in and I had been skipping meals because here lately, I don't want to eat. He stated I could be holding water weight. I just wanted to know if anybody had experienced this before.

karenp8
on 11/14/14 11:42 am - Brighton, IL

You should be drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day. Dehydration will cause you to feel nauseous and make you not feel like eating. Do you still measure your food or keep track of grams of protein or calories? If you give us more information about what you are eating,perhaps someone can help.

lovedbymany09
on 11/14/14 12:42 pm, edited 11/14/14 12:42 pm - NC
RNY on 06/03/13

I will be honesty with you. I feel nausea often. I do not drink 64oz of water. I do eat but get full very fast. I eat a lot of chicken even if I don't eat anything else. Only bake chicken and maybe cucumbers. I hate breakfast so I skip it.

The race isn't given to swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...Be Blessed!!!

MickeyDee
on 11/14/14 5:11 pm, edited 11/14/14 5:12 pm

Drink your water;  it will help keep you from being nauseous.  

STOP DENYING YOURSELF FOOD.  If you don't fancy eating, try something new.  I found food with herbs and spices was a good thing.  Shrimp, scallops, tuna, turkey jerky--I liked the Teriyaki flavor.

Even if you can't walk, you can still do crunches, etc.  

Time for The Big Girl Panties, Kid, you are the only one who can help you.  We can only give you a virtual chewing on your tailfeathers.

And don't skip breakfast.

dccyr
on 11/14/14 6:57 pm

Please go back to the basics.  It looks like you are cutting corners off your program.  Here are my recommendations:

1. Drink at least 64 oz of water every single day.

2.  eat protein first, at least 60-80 grams

3.  Weigh and measure your food

4.  Journal your food.

5.  go to a support group.

6. Exercise when you get better or ask your dr. what you can do, but you need to move.

This is an amazing gift we have been given but only you can make the choice to use it right.

You can ask us to help and most of us are going to sound like a broken record with what needs to happen.  And deep down, I think you know what you need to do.  But only you can make the decision to do the program the way it was intended.  No one said this was going to be easy or that you could let up after a year out.

So what are you going to do now?

Friends K.
on 11/14/14 10:03 pm
RNY on 01/14/14

I get that much fluid in before lunch. A protein shake. Two twenty oz bottles of water and my coffee....plus what I drank on my run. These are life style choices.

You've reached the end of the honeymoon but you still can work your tool. Follow the what you are eating posts and get in a routine!

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

White Dove
on 11/14/14 10:51 pm - Warren, OH

The best and worst thing about RNY is the malabsorption honeymoon.  It makes it seem so easy and when it ends, the journey seems so hard.

You have to plan your meals, drink your water and get your exercise, now and for the rest of your life. 

If you don't then you face not only no longer losing, but gaining back what you have lost.  

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lovedbymany09
on 11/14/14 11:23 pm - NC
RNY on 06/03/13

Thank you ladies!! I truly appreciate the feedback. I started feeling depressed when I got hurt and unable to move like before. My biggest hurdle is the water but I'm going to do this.. Again thank you all!!

Most Active
Recent Topics