Pre op freaking out time!

Soon_2_b_skinny
on 11/22/14 10:12 am
RNY on 12/02/14

10 days till surgery and I am in full freak out mode. I don't want to back out but am afraid of how this will change my life.  I know all the wonderful things that will happen with loosing weight. But what about food? Will I ever eat again (even smaller portions)? Or will it be a life of protein shakes. Feeling hungry weak and ready to pass out are all fears. I have the post op book on what and when I will be able to eat but I am still scared for this huge change. Any words of advice? I can use them!

http://bypassgal2014.blogspot.com

NYMom222
on 11/22/14 11:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

You will figure it out once you are on the other side. You will figure out different ways to get the flavors you love. Even if you do have something it should be the once in a rare while. I love pizza. My girlfriend was coming to visit from Florida, and I knew she would want to go get some. So I planned on it, went to a pizza restaurant and did not bring it home. That is one slice in 6 months. For a New Yorker that loves Pizza that seems a little crazy but it is really OK. I can't explain it. Things change. I've had meatballs and sauce several times when I have the Italian craving. Been at people's houses where they gave me spaghetti , I took a literal one bite, but it was OK, the meatball satisfied. For all your preparing it is still a journey you have to figure out as you are doing it. One day at a time as they say. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Soon_2_b_skinny
on 11/23/14 10:52 am
RNY on 12/02/14

I am sure I will have the cravings still just a matter of controlling them and small portions. Food does taste different and some not as good when you start cleaner eating. Thanks for sharing your experiences. 

karin602
on 11/22/14 11:59 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Yes this will change your life but you will be able to eat just the right foods in the right amounts. I am now 16 months post and follow the plan I got from the surgeon. Going out to a restaurant the first time was a bit scary but I found there are things that I can have. I ask when I order for a box even if I get a kid's meal. I don't do buffets. Seems like a waste of money! Some people do use protein shakes even years after but that doesn't mean they don't eat food. My surgeon's plan actually doesn't want anyone using shakes after seven weeks but to get protein from food. Just relax and follow your plan. If you can do this you will be successful and will do great. I am now actually about 25 pounds lighter than what my surgeon had originally predicted. Revised my goal three times downward. Fun to go shopping and pick up a small and have it fit. Good luck.

Karin

karin602
on 11/22/14 12:06 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Yes this will change your life but you will be able to eat just the right foods in the right amounts. I am now 16 months post and follow the plan I got from the surgeon. Going out to a restaurant the first time was a bit scary but I found there are things that I can have. I ask when I order for a box even if I get a kid's meal. I don't do buffets. Seems like a waste of money! Some people do use protein shakes even years after but that doesn't mean they don't eat food. My surgeon's plan actually doesn't want anyone using shakes after seven weeks but to get protein from food. Just relax and follow your plan. If you can do this you will be successful and will do great. I am now actually about 25 pounds lighter than what my surgeon had originally predicted. Revised my goal three times downward. Fun to go shopping and pick up a small and have it fit. Good luck.

karin602
on 11/22/14 12:08 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Didn't intend to send twice just my tablet doing silly things!

Karin

Soon_2_b_skinny
on 11/23/14 12:21 am
RNY on 12/02/14

Thanks for your kind works. It's always helpful to hear from those of you that have been through it for those of us that are scared out of our minds. I know walking in the days of surgery will be the hardest part of this entire process for me. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/23/14 1:10 am
RNY on 12/31/13

It takes a lot of courage to make change... even good ones.  I notice all your fears are about your relationship with food.  I had a lot of the same fears.  Let this open your eyes about that relationship... 

Take heart.  You have a lot to look forward to.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Soon_2_b_skinny
on 11/23/14 10:50 am
RNY on 12/02/14

I agree Kat. I will definitely be redefining that relationship. There may be some break ups too. Lol. I didn't bring up all the other fears I have other than food on this thread. 

hollykim
on 11/23/14 5:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I eat every day,six or more times a day. Don't see why. You wouldn't too.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views