dreams and guilt

Mybratboys3
on 12/21/14 1:15 am

OMG I woke up in a panic and feeling guilty !! I had a dream that I ate a hotdog with extra ketchup and onions. It was so real that when I woke up I was like OMG I hope I don't puke, or get it stuck ! UGH !!! I sure don't wanna be dreaming about food, but yet I do. I'm 5 days out now and I'm not even hungry. I have yet to get down more than 2 drinks of a protein shake and I've tried many different kinds and flavors. I'm pretty much living on unsweetened tea, water and skim milk. It's a long time before pureed foods for me. 

White Dove
on 12/21/14 3:13 am - Warren, OH

Those dreams are normal.  Once I was back to eating food again, they went away.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cookie1257
on 12/21/14 3:45 am - Chester, NY

I think thise dreams are normal.  I dreamed I brought a box of fried chicken to my first post op exam.  Just as I took a big bite the nurse call me in.  I wokeI up afraid that I had really eaten it. It was so real.   When I realized it was only a dream I felt happy that I figured out a way to have fried chicken without really having it.  This is hard but we'll get thru. I love the dreams that I have when I have already lost the weight and I am able to move real fast!

knolmom
on 12/21/14 5:44 am

Had those dreams for about the first 10 days too. I dreamed about eating the forbidden foods both without remorse and also waking and thinking I had eaten something detrimental. Just yesterday was the first time I actually did eat something on the forbidden list for me at 2 weeks out. I love salad. As I was preparing a Cesar Salad for company, sI put a huge leaf of romaine lettuce in my mouth to sample the dressing, and had to go running for a tissue quick. The crunch was the thing that jarred my brain. My Dr said no salad for 3-4 months.

Mybratboys3
on 12/21/14 7:01 am

Just curious, what ARE you eating 2 weeks out? Doc told me clear liquids and protein shakes for the first 2 weeks, then pureed foods. I just can't imagine what I could puree LOL   I can't handle the protein shakes and am living off of water, skim milk and unsweetened tea

MickeyDee
on 12/21/14 8:38 am

Your favorite soups are a good thing to start with.

cspotrun
on 12/21/14 11:10 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I posted a similar thing a few weeks ago and everyone assured me it was normal.  But boy did I wake up panicked!!

Karen   

OldTimeNESter
on 12/22/14 12:27 am

A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I'd made myself a big plate of pot roast; however, when I started to eat it, I realized that I couldn't eat that much any more, so I kept putting pieces of it back in the crock pot until I thought I was down to 4 oz!

Abby M.
on 12/26/14 8:51 am
RNY on 12/08/14

I'm glad it's normal too. I had lasagna in my dream the other night!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics