It's Going Great!!!

C_Turner221
on 12/28/14 6:19 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Hope all is well !!! Surgery and recovery was wayyyyy better than I expected!!!  I'm so thankful for everyone (including you) for all the support I have received throughout this process ...

Home Life has been great with exception to getting all my liquids in ... I can't seem to get 64 ounces of water/protein in... Which is disappointing.. But I'm up to about 36 ounces... Uggh! Any suggestions??? 

My Bathroom Life... Pretty much nonexistent... Since surgery I've had 1 BM... Not ok... Any suggestions?? 

Overall I'm doing great !!! I've followed my plan to a T and I'm excited about my progress!!! 

As far as weight ... I've opted not to weigh myself until my follow up appointment on 12-31... 

Thanks for listening!!

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/28/14 6:33 am

I would suggest miralax or milk of magnesia.  You don't want to get constipated.  Worse pain ever.....  This might not be what others advise but I make my protein shakes with water so I count the water as my liquid intake.  It will take some time to adjust.  Do the best you can and you will do great.

Greek yogurt helps a lot for some.  The taste makes me nauseous so I apt not to eat it much.  Cottage cheese does well.  or cheese sticks.  In the beginning I would focus mostly on the shakes.  The shakes will get in most of your protein. 

Good luck and let me know your tips along the way!!  I am still struggling with eating.  I just don't like the taste of anything and have to make myself eat.  I cant really eat meat yet or eggs either so it is making it tough for me.  I am going to try a crockpot and see if that helps.  I plan on making a roast when my crockpot comes in and I will puree it and see if it will help me to eat it.  Hopefully it will be better.  They say the crockpot makes it easier and softer.  I am willing to try anything at this point lol

I am so proud of you!!  Cant wait till we both reach our year point.  You are so beautiful and have a great personality.  You will be blessed in this journey for sure :) No matter what....

C_Turner221
on 12/28/14 7:27 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Thank you soo much honey bun!!! I am going to try a few of your suggestions and see what happens ... Lol ... I understand there would be a reduction in Potty action, but makes me a little nervous every that it's somewhat nonexistent.. 

Im sorry you have been having trouble with food intake... I hope the roast in the crock pot works for you .. Crock pots have a tendency to make things soft and tender.. So I'm cheering for the crock pot to work ..

Thank you for your advice and encouragement ... We can do this!!! Yes we can Honey Bun! 

Talk to you soon! 

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/28/14 7:33 am

Thanks for your kind words :-) trust me milk of magnesia is key especially if you start to get pain. That and an epidural would work wonders at that point. Lol too bad we can't get an epidural during those moments lol kidding :-) I will continue To read your posts. Very encouraging to me....

Deana_
on 12/28/14 6:55 am

Proud of you!

im ready for pureed. I've been getting over 80 ounces in evrryday with my three proteins!

i also am not having the same poop situation :( im sorry.

i think it's because my liquid vitamins have fiber in them.

we got this! The hard part is over.

C_Turner221
on 12/28/14 7:37 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Hey Surgery Twin I'm proud of you too!!

I'm going to try harder tomorrow and push for 64 ... I'll let you know tomorrow if I make it through! I'm encouraged.. My doctor has me trying a scrambled or hard boiled egg 1 hour before my follow up visit set for 12/31. This will determine if I can move to the next stage ...

Lucky you with the toilet love because I truly wish I was a little more consistent... 

We got this!!! You're correct!!! 

msladykris
on 12/29/14 12:51 am - Indianapolis, IN
DS on 03/25/15
On December 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM Pacific Time, Deana_ wrote:

Proud of you!

im ready for pureed. I've been getting over 80 ounces in evrryday with my three proteins!

i also am not having the same poop situation :( im sorry.

i think it's because my liquid vitamins have fiber in them.

we got this! The hard part is over.

What liquid vitamins are you taking, if you don't mind me asking?

Deana_
on 12/29/14 12:53 am

Celebrate

cranberry grape. You mix with water

Berryhoosier
on 12/28/14 7:03 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I'm still having to add a protein shake or two in order to get enough protein in. The good news is my protein shakes have some fiber. Things are difficult in the bathroom. My surgeon recommended a small dose of milk of magnesia after three days of "no go."  Glad you are doing well!

C_Turner221
on 12/28/14 8:30 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Thanks for your post .. I did great ... I got in 30g of protein !!! Yay plus I added an extra bottled water and I'm now at 63.9 for today!!! Yay I'm Stuffed ... But happy!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!! I think I'm going to have some milk of mag now lol!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics