2days out..low grade temp

kokosuggs
on 1/21/15 9:43 am

Ive been having sinus headahes b4 the surgery...after the surgery (2 days ago) my 1st pain was upper ab where all the gas/air had settled...it helped when I would walk...but then my headache came back & its worse than the surgery!  I put cool washcloths on eyes/head..took liquis pain meds they gave me for the surgery..nothing has helped..my nostrils feel dry so I did spray a little nosespray...

Im just not sure what I can take for this...anyone else had this?  also my temp is running 98.0-99.9   

ps...I had a chip tooth in the back of my mouth..well more than chipped..and after surgery I found that the top of the tooth had broken off...so now I feel little pain on that right side of mouth along with right ear...so Im wondering about sinus infection maybe???

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Mybratboys3
on 1/21/15 10:40 am

Goodness ! First call your doc. ANY fever this soon after surgery is cause for concern, it could be sinus infection, but it could also be internal infection as well. Call your doc. I bet they broke the tooth when putting the tube down your throat :(  Also the headache could be from the anesthesia. It will wear off eventually. Feel better soon, but call your doc. for sure.

kokosuggs
on 1/21/15 10:46 am

Thanks Mybratboys3.....

headaches are little better today, I did get out my humidifier for tonight.. but yeah..fever is scary :(

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

apkat
on 1/22/15 3:39 am
RNY on 12/12/14

I would have expected the broad spectrum IV antibiotics they give after surgery would have knocked out the infection.  Perhaps not.  Allergies can still cause a lot of painful mucus build up even without infection.  Hmmm...

Most Active
Recent Topics