Gross question

kokosuggs
on 1/22/15 1:31 am

I'm on my third day out of RNY... Last night when I went to pee, the other end started pouring out.. It has still been coming everytime I go to bathroom.  

Is this   normal?  Bc of all the water ?

I still CANT get in all of my liquids. 48 oz...

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

carimiller9173
on 1/22/15 1:50 am - Wilmington, DE

Great ? to ask as I was 4 days pre-op.  I'll check back for a response.  Just wanted to send cyber hugs your way!

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

kokosuggs
on 1/22/15 2:16 am

Thanks 

Cathy W.
on 1/22/15 3:13 am

Yes, it is common.  You're three days post-op and just had your insides re-plumbed.  Plus you aren't eating solid foods so there isn't anything in you to have a normal bowel movement. 

You don't want to get dehydrated so make sure to get in water as close to the 48 ounces that you can.  If you continue to have the bathroom issues you describe, give your surgeon a call.  Being so newly post-op, when do you see your surgeon again? 

Congratulations on your surgery and your new post-op status! 

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

apkat
on 1/22/15 3:27 am
RNY on 12/12/14

The exact same thing happened to me starting with my first day home from the hospital.  It continued for several days then I had to start depending on laxatives to go!  Be prepared because the next few weeks are going to be wacky in that regard. 

Good luck on getting in those liquids!  I have to watch myself very carefully even 6 weeks out to make sure I get them in. 

crazy4birds
on 1/22/15 3:41 am
RNY on 12/02/14

This happened to me too, for the first few days and then nothing.  I also have to take a laxative to go now.  My nut said it would change once I start getting fiber in.  I have a hard enough time getting the protein and fluid in. Some of my protein has fiber (beans) but that doesn't seem to help.  I'd rather be constipated than the other, though, and it does get better :)

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

kokosuggs
on 1/22/15 10:26 am

Thanks Everyone!  It helps to know I'm NOT the only one having any kind of symptons...

I go to my DR Monday..(1 week from surgery)

Today I got to try a little protein..which wasn't bad...(Premier chocolate)

I can count this as part of my 48 oz of liquids also right?  Bc I wouldn't mind having a little more but feel like I'm eating too much (popsicles & pills)

I don't know if I feel the "fullness" when I've had enough in my pouch

angel91e
on 1/22/15 12:16 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

I went about six weeks with that problem before it was figured out that after surgery I had become lactous intolerant. It's not super common but does happen. So if it doesn't get better you may want to consider trying a lactaid tablet or cutting out any milk products including the ones that are sometimes hiding in protien shakes. Just FYI the whey protien itself has no lactous in it so either way that works well.

Best of luck and I hope it gets better soon

Angel

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

kayleystar
on 1/22/15 11:57 pm
RNY on 01/06/15

I didn't have a B.M. until 5 days post op, and it was solid. However, I did have quite a few loose stools after that. One day was due to my pouch not liking a certain food (scrambled eggs), but I did have loose stools even eating things my pouch likes. Totally normal, I found out after some research. Things will calm down on that end! lol

Highest Weight: 412 | Day of Surgery: 385 | Current: 341
Surgery Date: 1/6/2015