Treat day

NYMom222
on 1/27/15 2:57 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I don't think treat 'days' work. You might have a special meal at a restaurant or a holiday meal but you still need to make good choices within that framework. You can still enjoy. And yes the three bite rule is a good one.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kathyjs
on 1/31/15 12:59 pm

As a longgggg time vet please follow my advice. Your. 'Treat ' should be anything other than food. A manicure, a bubble bath etc. It is so important to change how we think of food. 

MyLady Heidi
on 2/2/15 9:02 am

On the weekends I allow treats.

Chilipepper
on 2/6/15 12:37 pm, edited 2/7/15 1:44 am

Treats are a slippery slope. I remember years ago I had a "treat". The nurse at my previous bariatric surgeons office was sitting at her desk slamming down cheezits. She said the won't hurt if you have a few.. I remember that first cracker and it was like crack. I was driving in the truck with husband and I knew I wouldn't be the same.  In addition, the guilt I felt made it worse and then I ate more to squash to guilt. It didn't work. My treat once a week is going out and having a nice filet steak.  Then for something sweet for desert I come home and eat a light and lively yogurt.  There are ways to live this lifestyle without kicking yourself out of Ketosis ans felling satisfied with a healthy treat.  

Please se don't look for excuses to have a treat .. Make everyday special and you will reach your goal without the guilt  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/6/15 10:43 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Beth Of Fletchair
on 2/7/15 8:03 am
with

Treat Day = Stall Week

Most Active
Recent Topics