Having a hard time after surgery

karenp8
on 3/5/15 10:47 pm - Brighton, IL

It all sounds pretty normal to me too. The painful incision is probably the one where the scope is placed because they do a lot of moving around and tugging. The nausea will be much worse if you are not getting enough fluid,because nausea is one of the symptoms of dehydration. Try all kinds of different fluids too and different temperatures as well. I found that warm things like herbal and decaf tea worked best for me. I promise this will all get better and someday soon you won't even remember these struggles! Hang in there!

Woody1115
on 3/5/15 10:53 pm

Thanks Karen will try to drink more ugggg lol

cspotrun
on 3/5/15 10:57 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Zoran really helped me with my nausea.  It was incapacitating for me, and my doctor called me in a prescription.  The nausea lasted about 3 weeks, but got better a little each day.  Also, starting purees actually helped my nausea.  For 7 days out, it sounds like you are pretty normal.  I definitely wasn't doing dishes then.  Just rest and walk when you can.  Your fluid goals are more important than your protein goals right now.  Different fluids might go down easier than others.  Water made me incredibly nauseous, but tea was ok.  Maybe experiment with that a bit.  Good luck to you!

Karen   

jjcjr63
on 3/6/15 1:08 am - pottstown, PA
RNY on 02/19/15

I hope you feel better soon!

teach2
on 3/6/15 5:27 am
RNY on 12/23/14

You sound exactly how I felt... It DOES get better. The doctor gave me a prescription for the nausea at my  two week check up. If I'd know it was common, I would've called and asked for it before the check up. So- do that!! You will feel so much better and will be able to make those protein goals easier. I made those right after the medication. It was close to four weeks before I could get all my fluid down though. For some reason, my pouch didn't let it go down. I had to sip so slowly that my day ran out! LOL But, now- at 10 weeks- I can get it all down and then some.

Hang in there!!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

twarne
on 3/6/15 8:08 am - Highland Grove, Ontario, Canada

I am 4 weeks out and all of your posts are helping me. I still have pain in my stomach. I see my Dr again in a week. They think I may have over done myself.Guess I was too eager to get going. Just had my 1 month with my NUT/Nurse PRACT. They told me to slow down. So make sure you're not rushing to do things. You shouldn't be starting puree until your 3rd week, unless that's what your plan states. Mine said after two weeks of liquid. Anyway, Hope you feel better.

Ticker 89109

chris_b69
on 3/8/15 12:36 pm

I am 6 months out from my surgery, and I can tell you I had the same concerns.  It will all get better in time. 

I too had a lot of pain in my one incision, and figured out that it was the side of the bed I was sleeping on.   my incision was on my left side and I slept on the right side of the bed.  The act of swinging my legs over the side stretched out the incision.  I changed sides of the bed so that getting out I swung my legs toward the incision and the pain got a lot better.

I wish you well in your recovery.

Most Active
Recent Topics