Day 10 of Optifast!

Peppermint73
on 3/11/15 7:55 am - Canada

Hey all. I cant believe i've made it this far. march 16th is around the corner. I had my pre op physical and all that stuff today. I'm good to go now. 4 days left of they Opti fast. I cant believe I actually like them now. If they are flavoured right they taste pretty good. I'm down 12lbs now and some people that don't now what I'm doing say they can see some weight loss in my shoulders. I'm like really?!  lol. I'm excited and anxious all in one. I go back and forth between emotions all the time. What did some of you post op RNY do to be calm while awaiting your surgery?

Maria27
on 3/11/15 9:54 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

My surgery is the day after yours, and I am getting excited too. But I am getting really tired of this pre-op diet. Ugh! I get board with food really fast. I have a lot of emotions too, but I keep reminding myself why I am doing this. This weekend I am going to clean my apartment. I don't want to come home to a mess, so I am going to make it as clean as I can. I think I'll even wash out the fridge since there won't be much food in it. I am also going to wash all my cloths, sheets, and towels since I won't be able to carry them to the laundry for a while. And I am going to file my taxes. Those are my plans, so hopefully they keep me busy enough. If I get board, I have some good books to read. Reading a good book always makes me forget about food. I have to do a clear liquid diet on Monday, so I will probably be useless that day.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

mornings
on 3/11/15 4:54 pm - Canada

You will do great  the  pre op diets are always so   frustrating but   your surgery is coming fast and you start your new life    i wish you all the best  on your surgery  take care of yourself as well

Poodlemac
on 3/11/15 1:08 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Pre-op I just stayed very busy so I wouldn't think about the upcoming surgery. I didn't allow myself to think about food so I literally ate (or drank protein shakes) to live, not vice versa. I guess I was very zen about it!!  I think it helped me after because I had already gotten (a little) used to not thinking about food so much!

mornings
on 3/11/15 4:53 pm - Canada

Wishing you the best on your surgery  you will do awesome  i know it

Peppermint73
on 3/12/15 2:08 am - Canada

Than you all for you well wishes. Maria you got the right idea girl! Clean House!! That is exactly what I'm planning to do.  Especially the bathrooms I have alot of friends that will come visit lol!  Also you now what? This morning I noticed that my Knees don't hurt me anymore. Since I stopped eating carbs and other bloating foods I sometimes even feel stronger. Hmmmm I didnt expect that. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 145 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?