2 days post-op LBL and BL...what a wild ride it's been! (with photos)

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 7:45 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi OH friends,

I apologize for not yet posting that I am alive and well from my lower body lift and breast lift I had on Friday.  Thanks so much for the well wishes and private notes!

If you had asked me up until this morning if it was worth it, I honestly don't know if I could have said yes.  The truth is, I had excruciating pain after surgery, a terrible night's sleep in the hospital, and even more pain last night.  It was much worse than I was expecting.  Even popping OxyCodone every 2.5 hours wasn't keeping the pain at bay.

The good news is that today the pain has subsided a bit.  Also I got up and showered and that made a world of difference.  And then finally, I could see the results and WOW I think once I am healed, I am going to be very very happy!

Honestly the circumferential scar and the breast incisions aren't what is causing major pain.  It's the muscle tightening in my abdomen.

Here are some before and afters.  The before are a week ago, and the after is today, two days postop.  I am going to get through this and am already loving the difference!

I have ZERO idea how anyone can have their arms done at the same time.  My arms are the only functioning part of my body to heave my out of bed and I truly can't imagine not being able to use them.

PS My surgeon also does butt augmentation so he gave me a "badonkadonk" which makes me very happy too!  Despite the pain I can already say I am glad I made this decision.

PSS  I never should have weighed myself this mining.  I am up TEN pounds - and while I know that is fluids, its still a dimmer!

Bye all! Hugs, Em

karenp8
on 3/22/15 7:52 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are doing good and already pleased with the results. I think it looks amazingly good,especially for two days post op! It will all be worth it in the end. Now I WILL have to wish for a rich relative to leave me money so I can get a chance to see myself without saggy stomach skin! You should be so proud of all the hard work you have done,Em! Amazing!!

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 10:04 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks Karen! I will be wishing for an inheritance for you as well :) It's so weird to have a flat stomach. And I tell you - this pain is a good insurance policy for me. I have a great fear of regain and after suffering like I have these past few days, well I hope it stays fresh in my mind and keeps me on track!

selhard
on 3/23/15 2:06 am, edited 3/23/15 2:12 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12
Ashley in Belgium
on 3/22/15 8:01 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

So glad you are feeling a bit better - it is an ass kicker for sure the muscle tightening!  

Take the meds and let yourself be taken care of - you'll feel better everyday.  

Ash

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 10:06 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks ash! My mom is here and basically waits on me hand and foot. I don't know what I would do without her. I hate asking for help but I have had to admit that I am helpless this week. I am a little better everyday though, so thanks for keeping me in your thoughts! Are you all better since your surgery last week where they took care of your twisted bowels?

Hugs, Em

hl1524
on 3/22/15 8:25 am - Austin, TX

Glad to hear you are doing better. I hope the pain subsides soon!

RNY 8/27/2014

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 10:07 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks Heather! And congrats on 100 lbs lost!!!

Laura in Texas
on 3/22/15 8:29 am, edited 3/22/15 8:30 am

Good for you!! Did you take your measurements? I was 4 inches larger in the waist immediately post-lbl. Freaked me out!! I lost 3 of those inches in the first month. The last inch of swelling hung around until about month 3. Many people swell much longer.

How much skin did your surgeon remove? Mine was 2 square feet weighing about 5 pounds. It was basically an 8 inch strip all around my body. I did not go down at all in inches or weight when all was said and done, but I am so thankful to have the skin gone.

Happy healing!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dcgirl
on 3/22/15 10:11 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Laura! You have totally been an inspiration to me on here and thanks for keeping me in your healing thoughts!

i meant to take measurements and didn't. I'm so mad at myself. But I can see in the pics already how contoured my body is! My surgeon removed only 3.5 lbs because he used a bunch of tissue and fat to make me an ass :)

I know it varies by person but my big anxiety now is WHEN CAN I STAND UP STRAIGHT?! Right now I walk hunched over and it feels sotight and uncomfortable. I know I need to be patient.

I also cant can't wait to have the drains out. One is barely filling and will likely come out Thursday. Not sure about the other one.

I can't believe even with this pain I am contemplating  doing my arms but you made a great point a few weeks back. My surgeon can do them outpatient so I just may go for it eventually!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views