Does anybody else eat while watching "My 600lb Life?"

SkinnyScientist
on 3/30/15 1:37 am

Me too!  I want to yell "Stop and Think!"

But I am happy when there is the happy endings and they are happy like us!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

mschwab
on 3/26/15 4:25 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I watch the show too, and I was amazed at the show last night when she at a hamburger and fries so early after surgery.  I am 4 months out and struggled to get 2 oz of salmon down last night.  I don't understand how they do it without getting sick.  I would have been in the bathroom throwing up after 2 bites.

I always root for them, and am so happy when they finally seem to get it and start seeing results.  It is truly a live saving procedure.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

SkinnyScientist
on 3/30/15 1:40 am

Hi Friend!  I used to feel the same way you did about the amount of meat/food one can eat.  Trust me, that pouch can expand (even when following the rules).

I think I could be able to eat A LOT more a year and a half more. I wont let myself go over 2 boiled eggs though.  When it happens, be adept with scales, measuring spoons and cups!  It

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

healthy-rickfan1971
on 3/26/15 4:31 am

Thanks for the replies. It seems I am not the only one who is surprised by the food choices post op. It is not an easy thing to lose the weight, I think we all know that. I can only keep trying and pray that the work pays of with health, even if not actual pounds gone. I shall keep rooting for them, hoping they find their own healthy ways.

4furbabies, What you said about the watching surgical things tickled my funny bone. I have always loved watching that stuff on tv. But hubby finds it odd that I am unable to hold the squirrels for him to skin, it makes me physically sick (always has.) And I am hugely phobic of needles. I have to turn away for the shots and iv being put in. But to watch ALL the other and more gory parts is easy and interesting to me. Hubby is like, "you have no problem watching them use knives, bone saws and chisles to break bones , but a itty bitty needle sends you almost screaming out of the room?" Yes Dear, I am WEIRD, I know, lol.

Pokemom
on 3/27/15 2:51 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Skinning squirrels?  Gack! 

kikilay
on 3/29/15 5:58 am

i am still waiting to get approval for surgery. However, I definitely know without it I am on my way to being on my very own episode of my 600lb life. At 25 weighing 300+ pounds its inevitable. I can see how easy it is to get there. Hell I used to vow I would never let myself get to 300lbs and I am more then halfway to 400lbs. I watch the show and I route for them. My heart literally breaks when they are faced with setbacks and failures. I can see a little bit of myself in every episode. I understand how easy it is to judge them but I to try and learn from them. 

crazy4birds
on 3/29/15 7:17 am
RNY on 12/02/14

I just love all the kissing going on here.  !!!!

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Most Active
Recent Topics