Ketosis Diet

sue P.
on 3/29/15 10:13 am
RNY on 05/05/15

Hi everyone! I am starting a 5 day ketosis diet tomorrow. This is the last step before they schedule my surgery. It consists of 3 oz. of meat or 2 eggs 3x a day and clear liquids only. I am sure by Wednesday I will be pretty cranky. Anyone else have to do this, if so do you have any suggestions?

cheapskate
on 3/29/15 10:17 am
RNY on 03/30/15

well, I am on the business end of a 2 week completely liquid diet so yours sounds like Nirvana :)

stevie95678
on 3/29/15 10:51 am

Me too - I'm on day 5 of my 2-week pre-op liquid diet - 4/8 surgery date. I would kill for a piece of chicken or steak...heck watching The Walking Dead even makes me hungry!  LOL

sue P.
on 3/29/15 1:05 pm
RNY on 05/05/15

I won't complain. I now realize, at least I can have meat and not just straight liquids! Good luck!

mornings
on 3/29/15 1:37 pm - Canada

this comment about the walking dead just cracked me up thank you ,    I don't start my diet till may 12th   glucernia and milk is all im allowed and water of course  .. guess im happy this is the last night for the walking dead 

sue P.
on 3/29/15 1:05 pm
RNY on 05/05/15

khunton
on 3/29/15 12:23 pm

I had the straight liquid diet but I've done this type of diet before. Obviously don't fry your meats. For breakfast I would do grilled ham or turkey bacon, lunch I would generally do grilled chicken or turkey. Dinner was about the same. I'm from Texas and we eat lots of deer here, it's super lean and good for you. 

sue P.
on 3/29/15 1:04 pm
RNY on 05/05/15

Thanks for the suggestions! I definitely won't be frying! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/30/15 3:31 am

don't limit salt, unless you have and issue with water retention. 

Low carb diet - you may lose a lot of water weight very fast - causing low blood pressure and even muscle cramps. Magnesium and sodium (pickles?) really helps me... muscle cramps or getting dizzy when getting up from a sitting position reminds me that salt (I use high quality sea salt) is my friend.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views