Atkins shakes

ssciolino
on 4/13/15 11:25 am - Webster, NY

has anyone tried Atkins shakes to jumpstart weight loss? I really never used protein shakes before.

"Life is a succession of lessons which much be lived to be understood"  Helen Keller      
kokosuggs
on 4/13/15 11:47 am

I tried Atkins shakes but I didn't like them as well as Premier shakes...I drink 2 a day  = 60 grams protein   

good luck  :)

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Jonay
on 4/13/15 1:37 pm - Grand Junction, CO
RNY on 03/31/15

I absolutely agree about Premier. I cannot stand the vanilla flavor (though I am drinking my supply until it is gone) but the chocolate is good and it is packed with protein.

The only atkins flavor that I like is the Coffee Caramel but I am staying away from it because of the coffee/caffeine.

ssciolino
on 4/14/15 10:44 am - Webster, NY

Do you use them as meal replacements or snacks ?

"Life is a succession of lessons which much be lived to be understood"  Helen Keller      
Molly7689
on 4/13/15 12:39 pm

My dietician said absolutely no to Adkins shakes post-op. Not enough protein and too much fat. They do taste good though. 

Doingrightin2015
on 4/13/15 7:36 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

I use the premier protein shakes. So far the chocolate and the strawberry N Cream. I have not tried the vanilla ones yet. You can't beat them. 30 grams of protein and low sugar...160 calories. I have to drink them in 2 sittings. They are 11 oz each. Right now 1 is to much per meal for me.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

JB1114
on 4/14/15 12:53 am - Grain Valley, MO

I tried Atkins' shakes but didn't care for them.  I ate their bars occasionally but all their products now contain soy or will and I'm allergic to soy.  I get a rash on my face when I eat soy.  I contacted Atkins and they told me many of their products have soy and they are in the process of adding it to all of them.  Their products do have more fat that I like.

My surgeon told me to have 2 shakes a day for the rest of my life.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Paulinev
on 4/14/15 2:10 am

Premier Protein shakes!  (Chocolate tastes best) 30g protein,low sugar and only 160 calories!

mysty888
on 4/14/15 9:35 am
RNY on 01/22/15

Atkins shakes only have 15 grams of protein. I like the Premier shakes also, strawberry flavor for me. 30 grams at time is much more worth it to me. I try not to drink any shakes with less than 20 grams of protein in them. 

lynnc99
on 4/14/15 10:34 pm

For most of 6 years I have had an Atkins shake for breakfast. Early on I mixed my shakes from protein powder but the "grab and go" and relatively low cost of Atkins shakes made it the best option for me.

That said...

The only flavor I like is the Mocha Latte. Gets boring.

15 gm protein isn't the highest number you'll see - but of course I eat other foods now and easily hit my protein goal daily.

The list of ingredients is ridiculous. The whole Atkins theory - that an apple will be your downfall, but we'll sell you products that are full of chemicals - bugs me. I prefer a "cleaner" diet these days. 

Most Active
Recent Topics