Does anyone really regret their procedure Bi-pass?

SkinnyScientist
on 4/17/15 12:14 am

I was a weight loss failure. I was a carb addict. I am a dumper, and I am so glad that I DO dump. It keeps me honest and stops me from backsliding.

I dont regret the surgery at all. I wish I would have done it sooner. 

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/17/15 12:53 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

There are so many other things in life to regret - but RNY isn't one of them.  Best thing I ever did and I would do it over again every year if I had too.  It's funny that so many of the things that we worry about pre-op turn out to be non-issues.  I worried about no sugar, no pizza, no pasta, bread etc.  Honestly - I don't ever think about it.  It is a non issue for me.  I don't know if I dump on those things as I have avoided them for almost 2 years now.  I do dump on sugar in fruits and substitute sugar alcohols so I assume I would on the real thing as well.

Food just isn't important in the same way it was when I was obese and obsessed over everything I could cram in my mouth.  Don't let fear hold you back!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

ramtough147
on 4/17/15 8:03 am

Don't regret it for one second.  I am 7 years out, started at 401 lbs and my lowest weight was 225.  I went through (2) plastic surgeries for the belly and chest skin.  Doing pretty well, however am now starting to creep back up.  My weight now is 275 lbs.  I am always hungry.  I feel terrible because there is no place for the fat to accumulate because they removed most of my fat cells in the plastic surgeries.  I am pretty much miserable and in dull pain and very uncomfortable.  Need to do something fast.....

stephanie507
on 4/17/15 11:24 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with

Maybe go back to therapy eal with what going on mentally.  How did u afford surgey to remove the skin

ramtough147
on 4/17/15 12:05 pm

Not going through anything mentally,  things are actually really good.  As far as the plastic surgery,  insurance covered my belly, and a revision once I lost more weight.  I have a vertical and horizontal scar which allowed for a flatter belly.   Insurance didn't cover my chest, they said it was cosmetic.  I took out a person al loan to have that done.. 

karin602
on 4/17/15 1:31 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Sugar is an addictive substance. You may have cravings for it but the longer you abstain the better it can get. I loved sweets never met a chocolate I didn't love. Now I don't miss it. But I am realistic just a few bites can be the start of a relapse not a place I want to go.

Karin

stephanie507
on 4/17/15 3:56 pm - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with

Thank you everyone on  Wednesday I saw my Dr. by chance when I was waiting on my husband surgery (knee replacement).  He's 6'8" never been over weight a day in his life.  Anyway I spoke to him told him I am getting the bi pass initial I was going to get second VSG however I now am dealing with Barrett Syndrome and gastro. doctor told me bi pass would prevent the risk for esophageal  cancer totally so I won't have to take another pill for the rest of my life.  I decided on bi pass plus I trust my Dr. Sadek he's the best in NJ.  Thanks for the support and advice surgery is 7/31/15 pray for me I am waiting for hubby to heal....Stephanie

CGCL
on 4/18/15 2:18 am
RNY on 02/19/15

Um...you will need to take a lot of pills every day with the RNY. The only difference is they'll be vitamins :)

Height: 6'0" HW 5/2013 295. Consult 7/29/14 275. SW 261. RNY 2/19/15. M1:-33! M2:-13.5. M3:-12. M4:-10.8. M5:-9.7. M6:-5. M7: -4.5. Pregnant 8/15-5/16. 10 weeks post partum: 173.

lynnc99
on 4/18/15 3:27 am

Not a moment of regret for me. 

It's hard to imagine pre op or early out, but your reliance on food - especially those sweets, snack foods, etc. - changes after you get used to a new way of eating. I don't have cravings like I used to. I know when I need to eat - and yes, I am tempted sometimes by things that aren't good for me, but I don't feel like I've lost my best friend because I no longer sit down to a dinner of pizza and ice cream. 

I've had some dumping episodes, yes. But they have been rare. And they are nothing compared to the DAILY pain in my body and mind due to obesity. 

yankeescl
on 4/20/15 12:01 am
RNY on 09/12/13

I am a dumper...and very sensitive to anything fatty.  I actually feel very fortunate....it keeps me on track.  I do not crave fats or sugar because I know how terrible I will feel if I do eat these things!  My life, now, is so much better than before.  No food, or amount of food can replace the wonderful life that I lead now.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 399 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 275 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 325 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 10 replies · 70 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?