Getting Worried

Bigwens
on 4/22/15 2:26 pm

Hello Im new to this site but I have been reading post and find it helpful. I will be a year out on May 2nd. Ive lost 130lbs but have been stuck there for about 4 weeks. What worries me is that I notice that I can eat more than I used to, Sometimes I dont feel as full as I did 6 months ago and that is what scaring me. Is that normal im so scared of gaining weight back. I have a problem with snacking on Gripos potato chips, ugh and don't drink enough water. Please tell me why I dont feel as full when I eat as I did. Thanks

seattledeb
on 4/22/15 6:49 pm

You are smoking crack..eerr...eating chips.

They are carbs and start to digest as soon as they hit your mouth. Other lovely carbs like crackers,candy,and the beloved chips are a really good way to gain all your weight back!

Eating carbs bypasses your bypass. I know..I've had a big regain. You haven't..so...stay on here and go back on your bypass food plan. That would be protein first. Rid your world of chips. 

Good luck

Deb T

chulbert
on 4/22/15 10:27 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Your food choices are the single biggest factor in long-term success.  Not malabsorption, not pouch size, not whether you're a dumper.  The amount you can eat is almost never the problem, it's what you eat.

karenp8
on 4/22/15 11:01 pm - Brighton, IL

As we get farther out we will naturally be able to eat more. That is why when I am at home I still measure out my one cup of food and stop when I am done. Just because I could eat more doesn't mean I have to. Fill up on dense protein and lose the chips which will only leave you wanting more!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/22/15 11:06 pm - Burleson, TX

BIGWENS--Read your post carefully, and YOU will find your own ANSWERS. I say this with CARING--really!

You are eating SLIDER foods, and NOT getting in your water...'nuff said..

No. Wait...there's more..Did I see the word SNACKING--as in UNPLANNING EATING?? You are on a sure fire course for regain and heartache, if you don't get a grip RIGHT NOW.

I speak from hard learned experience, and do NOT want YOU to have to learn it the same way. As Dr. Connie Stapleton says "Do the next right thing"

You got this !

Gina / 13 yrs post RNY/

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Bigwens
on 4/23/15 5:45 am

Thanks all of you are right, I think I needed to hear it from others, ughh I really do need to get back on my plan and stop the stupid snacking. Thanks for the support and advice I will definitely use it.