Getting a little worried

sharronosia
on 5/12/15 6:51 am

I am 7 weeks post op. ( surgery on 3/23/15). To date I have lost a total of 29lbs. I hit a stall in week 3 that lasted almost 2 weeks. I feel I should have lost more by now. What do you guys think. Im getting in all protein and mostly all water. Exercise is 3-4 days a week or am I just worring myself sick for nothing.

Karen M.
on 5/12/15 7:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

I do think you're worrying unnecessarily. I know it's so hard not to second-guess ourselves and stress about every bit of this new lifestyle, but sometimes you have to let things happen. If you are following your surgeon's plan, your body will eventually smarten up and do what it's supposed to be doing. I think you're doing great at 29 pounds down, hang in there!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/12/15 8:06 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I agree completely with Karen.  She's a wise vet -- 

I promise you that we all feel this or something like this at some point  -- I know that I did!  We are so used to "failing" during previous attempts to lose weight that it just feels like too much to believe that this could actually work.  But, I swear to you, if you are staying on plan and not doing stupid things to sabotage your loss -- you will succeed.

BTW 29 pounds in less than two months, stall in there or not, IS FABULOUS. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

JAMStribe
on 5/12/15 8:59 am

The stalls are normal, maddening but normal.

My mantra is Trust the Process! Stay diligent and it will happen.

Maria27
on 5/12/15 9:21 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I know it's hard, but seriously, stop worrying. I had my surgery before you, and you have lost more weight than me. I was worried for a while, but then the scale started moving again. I lost 13 pounds on the pre-op diet, so I figure that is why my weight loss slowed so soon after surgery. Your body needs time to catch up!

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

danie11e
on 5/12/15 11:23 am

I had surgery a few weeks before you on March 2nd and can totally relate! I stress/worry as well, but there are 2 things that seem to help:

1. Without this amazing tool I have been given I probably would have given up and gained all of my weight, plus some by now. This tool has given me the ability to stay the course, no matter how fast of slow.

2. I have lost 44 lbs since surgery - almost exactly how much my 5 year old son weighs. When I feel like I haven't made much progress, I pick up my son and walk up the stairs. It is a clear reminder of how much weight I have actually lost, and how much better I feel doing my day-to-day activities without that extra weight!

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

sharronosia
on 5/12/15 12:50 pm

Thank you so much Danie11e. Those words mean so much

Kathyjs
on 5/13/15 5:16 am

Exercise 3-4 times a week. Um there are 7 days in a week. Make yourself a priority. You can and must make time for yourself. 

chulbert
on 5/13/15 5:32 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

You've lost just over 4 pounds per week, including a two week stall.  Not counting the stall you've lost almost 6 pounds per week.  That sounds ridiculously fast to me.  How quickly did you expect to lose?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 479 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 402 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 149 views
Recent Topics