Cravings-When you want what you want.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/29/15 2:27 pm

So, I got a fridge full of healthy, good leftovers.

What I have wanted for the past 48 hours is KASHI Mediterrean pizza.

Part of me is "eat what you want"  the other part is "stay on your diet" AND "stay on your budget. Leftovers are MONEY afterall."

What do you guys do when you just "want what you want"

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

LadyLilMax
on 5/29/15 2:58 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

animallintmagnet used to say that her nutritionist said to have 3 bites.  first bite for the craving, 2nd bite for the taste and 3rd bite just because or something like that.  

I try to make something similar but healthy.  

gl

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

cabin111
on 5/29/15 8:38 am, edited 5/29/15 8:38 am

I have a taste...The problem is simple carbs (example pizza dough) are very addicting.  If you start down that road you may never recover.  I crave the salty crunch in the evening...A few tortilla chips work for me then...  Be careful!!  If you go to the local support group, you will see so many people who were doing so well, till The Carb Monster got them...

phibbmom
on 5/29/15 8:37 pm

Flat out makes a flat pizza "crust".  Today I made pizza with turkey pepperoni, 2% mozzarella and flat out.  I LOVE it!  I only have half and it's under 200 calories and satisfies that pizza craving (and my kids like it too).

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/30/15 7:24 am

I try to make my version what i am craving. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Maria27
on 5/30/15 8:32 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Use your imagination to really think about and picture all of the awful things about that food. It has a ridiculously long list of ingredients, some of which sound awful, frozen pizza crust is like eating cardboard, it never has enough cheese, etc. I find this easiest with greasy food because I can imagine the grease on my hands and the way it tastes. I already know frozen food is bland, mushy, and disappointing, so it doesn't have any appeal to my anymore. Also, enter it into myfitnesspal to see how it will really screw up your whole day. I tend to lose interest at that point.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Laura in Texas
on 5/30/15 5:11 pm

Being a single mom of two, I am extremely frugal. Leftovers would win out every time.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

AmyDee123
on 5/30/15 6:17 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Oh hell, I'm 2 days into a liquid diet for the pre-op stuff and I am craving EVERYTHING.  But mostly I have a serious craving for boysenberry pancakes.  Not on diet, before or after op.  So I just lose my mind.

A friend of mine who has had GB and is 3 years out say that when she gets a craving she gives in, but with special rules.  She has to make it herself, from scratch, and she has to have her husband there to share it with her.  She measures out what she has made to equal a quarter cup, then he eats the rest.  So basically she has to put in the hard work, it has to be enjoyed by others, and when she is done with her taste it has to be gone.  It gives her a lot of time to decide if its worth it, and takes a lot of work to do it.  If she is craving it enough that she gets to where her husband and her are enjoying it together, it gives them a chance to spend time together as well. 

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Susanb2117
on 5/31/15 4:41 am

Have you tried the cauliflower pizza crust?  It is really good, especially with your favorite toppings.  You could make the mediterrean pizza on that. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 465 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views