What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/3/15 5:33 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning and a very Happy Wednesday to the menu masses!  I like alliteration, and I always want to say "menu minions", but that's not quite right.  LOL  You guys know how much I love working outside right?    I spent hours weeding the former garden last night because my husband decided he wants to plant pumpkins there.  *sigh*  I say former garden because we let it grow over this year as he had originally intended to build the honey house there.  *squealing brakes sound*  Scratch that!  Because pumpkins.  The garden is 15x25 and he's like, "Think we can get 100 pumpkins in there?".  Uh, no genius.  I don't.  Well, at least weeding counts as exercise, right? 

Random Question!  What's your favorite fruit?  Favorite vegetable?  You can only pick one of each, so I don't want to hear any moaning and groaning about how you "love all of them".  LMAO  I'm cracking the whip!  I'll go first:  clementines and asparagus.

B:  coffee and a Click Mocha

S:  P3 pack (chicken, peanuts, etc.) and some baby carrots with Greek yogurt tzatziki

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick

D:  Mediterranean Farms spicy black bean burger, slice of Velveeta and an over easy egg.

TOTALS:  Cals:  919  Protein:  87  Carbs:  49  Fat:  45

Through careful planning, I have kept my sugar consumption per meal mercifully low today.  Go me! 

NYMom222
on 6/3/15 5:44 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Getting tough this morning! Hmmmm... to pick, to pick.... I will go with Watermelon because it is so refreshing, and Spinach, because I just use it all the time as a little add-in, or as a replacement for pasta...meatballs on a bed of spinach. yummm. Did not get to do the spiralizer yesterday, my day didn't turn out as planned, going to try today. That being said, 2 new things I tried yesterday that were AWESOME! were the Shrimp taco made from the Costco cilantro lime shrimp, and the Costco organic fresh salsa that looks like chopped up tomatoes. Made it on a warmed corn tortilla. (they are usually only 50-70 calories each) And then my homemade Blueberry compote on top of the plain unsweetened greek yogurt- yum yum yum....

B: Tea, Fit Frappe Chai smoothie

L: Spiralized zucchini with chicken toss

S: protein bar

D: Shrimp taco

S: greek yogurt with blueberry compote

E: Self-defense class and kickboxing class

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 6/3/15 5:49 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm definitely experiencing some menu fatigue and your menu sounds amazing!  I'm making shrimp tacos this weekend fo sho!

NYMom222
on 6/2/15 10:51 pm, edited 6/2/15 10:52 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I know, i get excited when something really hits the tastebuds as good and tasty, not just 'food'... Oh and I have to wait for a couch delivery this afternoon, so I figured I'd have time to make the spiralized zucchini...

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

AnnyBananny
on 6/3/15 5:46 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hmmm....right now I think cherries and asparagus are my favorites, but that seems to change with the winds.

My gym streak is going strong. I saying "going strong," but it's really only been 3 days so far LOL. BUT last night was BodyPump, which I always love and we did a lunge track that was new to me that include squat jumps - as in you do a full squat and then power that into a jump as high as you can go. It was crazy intense! So that was 8pm last night, then thing morning I did a 6:20am spinning class! That is why I said the streak is going strong!

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: Chobani tube right after the gym, coffee with cream, breakfast sandwich

S: Thin Addictives and a Laughing Cow light, maybe some more coffeeeeeee!

L: cottage cheese, string cheese, granola thin

S: KIND bar

D: TJ's chicken sausage and steamed veggies

S: PowerCrunch while meeting with my ESL student, pop corn, froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1425, Protein 75, Carbs 135, Fat 73

Ugh! Why do carbs taste so good? My carbs are clearly too high today so I'm going to need to adjust my evening, proving once again how good this post is for me. Think I'll need to drop that pop corn snack (20 carbs!) and replace it with a hard boiled egg or something....since my protein is ALSO low!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NYMom222
on 6/3/15 5:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you spinning class 6:20AM... I tried to bike on a spinning bike(not at a class) when I was at the Y in Chicago with my son, but it hurt my butt too much...LOL.

Loving so many things on your menu - I freeze the chobani tubes, so good... thin addictives, yummmm .... Kind bars...

Save

Save

mamata2
on 6/3/15 6:03 am

If you liked the spinning (other than the butt ache - do I feel you pain) you can order cheap cycling shorts on amazon that have padding for the booty :)

AnnyBananny
on 6/3/15 6:08 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG, the spinning bike saddle KILLED me the first few times, but I'm more used to it now and it isn't too bad. My Y just switched out half the seats for a wider and squishier version and my bum is MUCH happier!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 6/3/15 5:52 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Ugh, popcorn.  Why do you taste so delicious?  I bought a box of Jollytime kettle corn 100 calorie bags and they are frighteningly easy to eat.  I don't think I'll be replacing the box when it's empty.

And go you with your gym challenge!  That squat thing sounds physically impossible.  LOL  

mamata2
on 6/3/15 6:02 am

Lately I've been making the Orville Reddenbacker Smart Kettle Corn and drizzling melted peanut butter over it.  This is always in a post-workout state of hunger but I didn't buy another box to prevent me from continuing to do it!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views