Being pregnant sucks

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/19/15 7:26 am

I can eat a jar of PB in 3 days. I eat almond butter to keep my BS stable. or when really hungry.  because I am not crazy about it- I use that as real fuel, when I have to; and that way - I do not overeat on it. 

I use almond butter and almonds, plus macadamia, plus pecans, (the lower carbs nuts) to help with hypoglycemia and RH. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dee.spunk
on 6/19/15 8:54 am - Sacramento, CA
I do peanut butter. And I usually okay with it. But my pregnancy mouth wants nothing, and I know I have to eat. So I force myself, which of course makes me nauseous. I just have to stick it out I guess. Today (so far) I feel pretty good. Hopefully it'll be a good day.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/19/15 9:15 am

have you try ginger ? ginger tea, ginger capsules ? 

also - PatchMD multi vitamin patches have iron..  one less pill to take... 

MultiVitamin Plus Topical Patch Supplemental Facts

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

sor09
on 7/7/15 7:47 pm

Congrats on coming baby! Take care too.

Zee Starrlite
on 6/19/15 10:30 am

Thank God the pregnancy is sticking.  Do all you can do to take care of you nutritional needs - the baby will suck out from your body whatever it needs.  It is you that will be deficient so stay on your toes.  Roll with the changes and hang in there.  This is everything you wanted - being thin . . .  a beautiful healthy baby .

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/19/15 12:42 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I had VSG and not RNY, but I AM pregnant, so I totally feel you!

I was SUPER queasy my entire first trimester. I never threw up, but I felt sick to my stomach all day long and it was positively miserable. I felt better when I ate something, but there weren't a lot of things that sounded good or agreed with me. The good news is that the nausea went TOTALLY away by week 14. I had a few days where I was a little less sick, and then nothing. Thank goodness!

What kind of prenatals are you taking? My OB told me that some women have trouble with particular kinds. I started on NatureMade, but the nausea got much better when I switched to One-a-Day. The DHA in the new kind is vegetarian, instead of fish oil in the NatureMade, so that may be part of it. Couldn't hurt to try?

Also, what kind of iron are you taking? I usually take carbonyl, but the drugstore was out once so I got elemental iron instead. Holy crap did it do a number on my stomach! It might be worth switching to a different type to see if that helps at all.

High-five to you for making it through 13 weeks! You can do it! :-D

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Ashley in Belgium
on 6/20/15 11:22 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

glad to see you back and posting!  And extra happy for you and your pregnancy.  My pregnancies were pre-WLS but I had severe nausea and gestational diabetes with the first one and basically lived on super thin slices cold granny smith apples.  The acid in them cut the nausea and made me feel instantly better.  It does go away for most woman but even it it doesn't - it is completely worth it!  You need to rest and do the best you can for now.  The baby sucks what it needs from you regardless.  

Hope you feel better soon.  Feel free to vent here any time!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

OH2012
on 7/30/15 3:21 pm - OH

I just wanted to congratulate you and wish you all the best.  I'll be praying for you.  Keep the Faith!!  This is only for a season, keep your eyes on the prize!!

Prov. 3:5,6

Most Active
Recent Topics