What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/22/15 5:28 am, edited 6/22/15 5:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Monday morning all!  How did everyone fare this weekend?  Good choices were made, I hope!  I was pretty good, even with all the cookouts and pizza parties.  One more party to go today; my son is having his b-day party at this mini golf place and we are providing the pizza and cake, which I just ordered.  Nothing like leaving everything 'til the last minute!

So, there's this local grocery store here and they have the most amazing bakery items.  My co-worker just brought in donuts and I can smell them from where I'm sitting.  LOL  The apple fritters from this place are my kryptonite, so I'm white knuckling it until someone puts the boxes in the kitchen.

What's your bakery kryptonite?  If we talk about it, we take away its power!!  LMAO

Time since surgery:  11+ months

B:  coffee and a HB egg

S:  celery sticks with a spicy pepper jack Laughing Cow wedge

L:  egg/rotel frittata thing and a cheese stick.  There's a couple of leftover oven fries in the box, too and I may or may not eat them.  Depends.

D:  Not pizza and cake, that's for sure!  LOL  Right now I have my beloved Buffalo chicken salad and pork rinds penciled in.

TOTALS:  Cals:  855  Protein:  64  Carbs:  33  Fat:  51  (yikes, where the hell is that all coming from?  Prolly the egg bake thing.  Well, it's the last piece, so there's that...)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 6/22/15 5:38 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh god, basically ANY bakery item is my kryptonite. Seriously. 

Thank you everyone for your kind words last week about my grandma. She is still holding on, resting comfortably. My sister and I got to see her on Friday afternoon and she knew who we were, though really only has the energy to talk for a few moments and then sleep again. My mother has basically taken up residence with her, along with my aunts. The long wait...

To add to this incredibly emotional weekend, Mr. Ikea and I said good bye. It's been a bit...rocky lately and it became obvious that we weren't on the same page about what we want, but I'm still feeling heartbroken. I made my sister go see Spy with me last night though and that was an awesome salve for the broken heart - so funny and kick ass. I highly recommend. Though I do not recommend eating too many Reese's Pieces like I did...old habits die hard and eating my emotions has always been my go to.

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: forgotten at home once again so my backup Chobani Flip and coffee

S: cottage cheese double

L: Chipotle burrito bowl

S: turkey sticks

D: more Chipotle burrito bowl

S: popcorn and a protein bar

TOTALS: Calories 1243, Protein 88, Carbs 1-9, Fat 51

V/W: started

E: rest day

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 6/22/15 5:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, you have so much going on right now!  I'm giving you a virtual hug whether you want it or not.

And Spy looks super funny, glad to know I'm not wrong about that.  LOL  I'll throw in another movie rec.  We went to see Jurassic World yesterday (in IMAX!) and it was super great.  Totally worth the crap ton of money they charged.

mamata2
on 6/22/15 5:51 am

**hugs**

Men are like fishes, throw the bad ones back and steer clear of the sharks!  Eventually you'll find dinner ;)

mamata2
on 6/22/15 6:38 am

Seriously?  I can't believe I wrote "fishes".  

melissasue1982
on 6/22/15 6:32 am
RNY on 04/06/15

So sorry to hear about your grandmother and Mr. Ikea :(  I am sending you virtual hugs and happy positive vibes

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 6/22/15 7:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you for the update on your Grandma. Still sending tons of virtual hugs. Glad you were able to enjoy a good movie after the goodbye with Mr.Ikea. I know the right guy is just sitting by waiting for you!  

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/15 8:29 am

Anny Sorry about Mr.Ikea it sucks when break ups happen. You have done such an amazing job on your weight loss journey. Don't let this get you down.

Old habits are hard to break. 

I hope you feel better soon. Your heart will heal. Someone else is out there who is worth loving. Also worthy of your love. 

Daisydoo02
on 6/22/15 9:49 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Glad you got to be with your Gran on the weekend, I am sure she loved it.

Sorry to hear about Mr. Ikea, I am sure the loss is very painful so turn your pain and hurt into other things, like working out or your new fabulous job.  As others have said, Mr Right is out there for you, take time to heal and then when you are ready get back in the game.

BIG HUGS Anny,

Daisy xoxo

NYMom222
on 6/22/15 12:24 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Glad you got to spend time with grandma, it doesn't get easier no matter how old we are or they are. Sorry about Mr. IKEA too, better to move on, you deserve someone wonderful....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views