Finally enjoying my weight loss

Peppermint73
on 6/22/15 3:23 pm - Canada

HI all,

I say that heading of "finally enjoying my weight loss" is because for a while I wasn't enjoying it and thought I had made a big mistake. I had such troubles with my stomach each time I tried new food or trying to advance to the next stage. I was throwing up every other day that I thought I had a stricture. I also thought I was losing weight too fast and I had terrible constipation. I was in the pureed stage which seemed like forever. But after talking to my nutritionist and other nurses we discovered my new pouch was just very slow to adjust and heal. Now I am 3 mo and 1 week out have lost a total of 58lbs and weigh 205lbs. I am eating all foods and loving it , except for turkey there is just something about turkey my stomach doesn't like and I throw up. So I stay away from it for now. I have gone from a 3xl to an xl.  I can shop in normal size stores now. But my problem with that now is I see allot of cute stuff and then I ask myself " do I really need that" ? Most times I say no. I really tried not to buy anything new but I had too, my old clothes were just swimming on me and cinching in the waist with a belt was not working anymore. I go to outlet malls or only buy stuff on sale only. I go to the gym everyday and only take Sundays off. I spend 1 hour working out doing random exercises but making sure to do 30 min of cardio first the some sort of muscle toning and strength training.

Everyday I look in the mirror and take a double take, I'm like "who is this person staring back"? I've always loved myself on the inside and now I feel the outside is  beginning to matching the inside. I am loving the new me. I get compliments all the time at work, from friends and family. I am feeling stronger and everyday and my diabetes has improved so much that my insulin in take is very small. I am I look forward to the months ahead and what is to come.  

cspotrun
on 6/22/15 6:08 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Great job!!

And I highly recommend thrift stores.  There are 2 near me that have saved me literally thousands of dollars.  I need to dress pretty professionally for work, plus my relaxing clothes.  There are also 2 online thrift stores I frequent called Twice and Thred Up.  Here are links:

https://liketwice.com/n7Mmb

http://www.thredup.com/r/BS5WCA

Karen   

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 253 views