What's on your menu, (Photo) Friday?

mamata2
on 7/10/15 5:30 am

Good morning everyone!  It's Friday, let's all do the "Weekend is here!" dance!!  We have have had so many new people join the thread this week that I thought it might be fun to have an "Introduce Yourself" day!  

So, Question of the Day: Who are you?  Name? Age? Children (fur baby or human)? Geographic residence? Fun Fact?  Add a photo for 100% enjoyment ;)

My name is Nikki, I'm 2 weeks shy of 37 years old.  I have an awesome hubbie and two human children (Boy 10, Girl 9) and one amazing fur baby (Charlie, 3, lab/wheaton terrier mix).  I live in Madison Wisconsin.  My fun fact: I raced motorcycles (dirt bikes) when I was 5-7 years old and I played college field hockey.  Here is a photo of me after a 6 mile run last weekend with one of my favorite protein powders.

Time since surgery: 1 year

B: SF Latte and Special K Protein Cereal

S: COFFEE!!  Luna Protein Bar

L: Shredded chicken tacos no tortilla

S: Iced Coffee with cream and splenda

D: Chicken thigh (left overs)

S: Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Pretzel Bar

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: 2800 m swim

Totals: Calories 942, Protein 80, Carbs 81, Fat 37 (Likely there will be more food after swim workout - I am always starving afterwards)

I can't wait to see everyone's intros and pics today! 

Also, reminder that the low carb challenge starts Monday!  Goal = under 50 total carbs for the day.  On Tuesday we will disclose how many carbs we actually ate on Monday.  Accountability peeps!

AnnyBananny
on 7/10/15 6:05 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning! Good morning! Yeah, I'm seriously doing the weekend dance this week. It has been a rough one! Long weekends have a way of doing that to me though I guess.

So I'm Anny. I'm 32 and live in suburban Philly. I'm single with no babies of any kind - human or otherwise (anyone know any marriage-minded, eligible men in the Philly area ?). I'm the executive directory of a public library and love it even though many days I still don't know what I'm doing - I just started in the Spring.  I'm left handed and my power color is purple!

Here's an upside down picture of me and DCgirl on our way to work out last week. WHY is it upside down?!

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: Chobani tube, breakfast sandwich

S: coffee with cream, cottage cheese

L: turkey sloppy joe, string cheese, granola thin

S: Balanced Break

D: TJ's balsamic chicken, steamed veggie

S: cherries, popcorn, froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1253, Protein 77, Carbs TOO MANY, fat 45

V/W: started

E: 45 minutes of cardio done

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Daisydoo02
on 7/10/15 8:34 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

upside down or not, you two are so adorbs! My fav cololur is also purple!!!

karenp8
on 7/10/15 6:19 am - Brighton, IL

At least you can post a pic Anny! I am so tech challenged if you want to see a pic of me you'll have to click and go to my page. My name is Karen and I am 56 with two sons age 22 and 23, ahubby,a dog Li!y and two cats. I live in Brighton Illinois which is near St Louis Missouri. I had my surgery about 3 years ago in St Louis and went from 272 at the highest to 117.2 today. I have been maintaining for a bit over two years. Fun fact is I am the pianist at my church and the director of the local food pantry. Lily and I have walked our three miles this morning and I will do another 3 on the treadmill after I finish my coffee. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's my food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz ground venison and a small plum D 31/2 oz some sort of fish with 1/2 c zuchini S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great weekend everyone and make some great healthy choices!

Sarah M.
on 7/10/15 6:19 am

Hi! My name is Sarah, 36 yrs old. I live in Cincinnati Ohio with my fabulous husband and 3 children, twin 15 yr olds-boy and girl-and 18 mon old girl. Yup we're crazy. I'm a reading, swimming, hate folding socks, Mormon who loves to sing and dance in the car to embarrass said teenagers. (I do refrain when they have friends in the car). I'm a slacker in the photo department and haven't l uploaded any yet to this site.

B-scrambled egg piece of toast

L-tuna salad w/pita chips

D-buffalo chicken

S1-cashews

S2-no matter what I put I always end up with something different so we'll go with ?

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

mamata2
on 7/10/15 6:21 am

OH MY!  Twin 15 y.o. boys and a 18 month old.  You're not crazy, you are a SAINT!!

Sarah M.
on 7/10/15 6:35 am

The twins are boy/girl. I guess I worded that funny. I still go with Crazy! =)

Navychic
on 7/9/15 11:27 pm, edited 7/9/15 11:31 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

HI Ladies, so glad to be a part of the gang!

Im Jo, Live in Southern Virginia, I used to be in the Navy & traveled a lot, but now I miss the travel part  (jealous of DC Girl!! ;-) as I just retired four years ago.  Now I work a desk job and have a 5yr old son (love that part!) and DH who keep me busy.  Oh I forgot im 46 now and just got around to having my son.  The DH jokes I only did it because I sat still long enough :-).  Fun fact, I used to play on the Marine Corp Rugby Team for 5 yrs 15 yrs ago (although even then I had weight issues, I played a position known as "Prop" which meant I was a big player who established a foundation for a group effort, but it was really fun time!)  Anyways love that im on this WLS journey with you all!

B- Protein Coffee

L-Chicken Salad

S -Cheese babybell light

D- 3 oz pork chop

Good choices all!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

lcraver
on 7/10/15 8:30 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Great picture!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Daisydoo02
on 7/10/15 8:33 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Love your story, bad ass Navy Girl!! Gorgeous pic Jo!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 268 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 186 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 263 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 139 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 186 views