What's on your menu, Thursday?

mamata2
on 7/16/15 5:40 am

Good morning!  Day 4 of the Low Carb Challenge.  Is everyone finding their happy place?  Me, I'm dying, we had bagels and cream cheese, danishes and banana bread in the office yesterday.  Seriously people?  I am happy to report I managed to resist it all but it took all the will I could muster.  I don't know how much I have left.  Yesterday I was at 52 total carbs (a bit high but I'll take it). On a positive note, I HIT GOAL WEIGHT TODAY!!  Let me celebrate with some dense protein and coffee 

QUESTION OF THE DAY:  If you could go back in time and give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?  I would go back and let 20 year old Nikki know that student loans are evil and don't try to have it all (marriage, family, and job) by age 30.  Things take time, step back and enjoy life.

Time since surgery: 1 year

B: Coffee with cream and turkey bacon

S: Almonds

L: Deli Chicken with a bit of ranch

S: Turkey Sausage with Cheese and Iced Coffee with cream

D: TJ's Crab stuffed flounder

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started (need more water today, I had cramping issues during my PM workout last night)

E: 20 mile bike ride

Totals: Calories 965, Protein 80, Carbs 28 (woot woot), Fat 58

Have a great day all!

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/15 10:53 pm, edited 7/15/15 10:53 pm

That is a major NSV not eating those carbs at work. It is awesome you hit your goal weight. It made giving up that crap yesterday worth it. 

I think if I could turn back the clock I think I would have put time away for myself when I had my kids. Like a part-time job so I wouldn't have lost myself. So I could be me and not just so and sos wife or mother. I really have no regrets. 

I set a goal for myself yesterday to be down 20 pounds by Thanksgiving. I am doing 25 minutes on the elliptical and then cleaning the house and grocery shopping. I do have to say I like grocery shopping. I love reading labels and looking for new things. 

We went to dinner last night. I eat seafood some broccoli and some salad. I had ordered something else which was much higher in calories. I called the waitress back and changed my order. 

I had Artic Zero later on in the night it's not bad when you want ice cream. My daughters boyfriend is coming to spend the weekend with us and I am looking forward to it. So I am going to cook part of the weekend. 

When I exercise I tell myself this is my time. I owe this to myself. It is about me. 

B:Egg whites with ham and cheese

S:Yogurt

L:Turkey breast with pickle

D:Lobster tail and some tomatoes

Vitamins are in for the morning. Water is going down. 

Have a great day. 

mamata2
on 7/16/15 5:55 am

I so love lobster!  I'm super jealous.  Great goal for Thanksgiving!!

Which flavor of Artic Zero did you have?  I have looked at it a couple of times but never pulled the trigger.

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/15 6:59 am

Chocolate peanut butter. I added a teaspoon of regular peanut butter to give it a little bit more flavor. The texture is good to. I did 30 minutes instead of 25. 

I only let myself watch the Housewives shows only when I am exercising. I am addicted to them. Senseless but take me some place else. 

Emiepie
on 7/17/15 5:46 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'll be looking for the arctic zero this weekend!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Capogirl
on 7/16/15 5:53 am

Good morning!

Woohoo Nikki!  Congrats on reaching goal! 

I'm doing fine on the low carb challenge so far, of course today is Thursday and the smell of the bagels which are a mere 12 feet from desk is agonizing.  I am better than a bagel, I am better than a bagel, I am better than a bagel! (I couldn't eat half a bagel if I tried).

If I could go back in time I would have finished my degree and traveled more before having children.

Time since surgery; 12+ weeks

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  1 cup salad greens, 2.5 oz roasted chicken, 1 tblsp. homemade viniagrette

D:  Meatloaf w/ground turkey and green beans

S:  4 strawberries

6 Mary's gone crackers herb crackers

Cals:  682    Carbs:  32      Protein:83   Fat: 32 

mamata2
on 7/16/15 5:56 am

RESIST THE BAGELS!!  Also, they never taste as good as you imagine anyway 

Capogirl
on 7/16/15 6:25 am

I'm resisiting, but I may put a dab of the honey-walnut cream cheese on my crackers later.

mamata2
on 7/16/15 6:31 am

OMG!  That sounds yummy!  

lcraver
on 7/16/15 6:51 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

The bagels don't taste as good as they smell. You can beat it back!!!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics