Struggles after surgery

twhap76
on 7/23/15 12:27 pm

I had RNY on Dec. 10, 2014 and am down 63 pounds.  I've been struggling with eating since surgery.  My stomach is constantly upset and struggle with diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloody stool and vomiting.  I am extremely careful in what and how much I eat.  I've had a stricture, an ulcer and bowel obstruction.  The bowel obstruction was diagnosed by an ER physician when I came in experiencing a lot of abdominal pain.  I struggled so much with transitioning back to food after surgery, my surgeon put me on TPN because I wasn't getting the nutrition I needed.  I feel that I'm approaching that state again.  Has anyone else experienced this much trouble after surgery?

Roma
on 7/23/15 8:58 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

Oh that is awful, sorry to hear of your complications. 

I recently saw my medical team, and they mentioned that bloody stool is one of those situations to get checked out right away, and not wait.

I hope it clears up for you soon.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

sor09
on 7/23/15 9:04 pm

I would recommend... go to the doctor ASAP for the blood in your stool. Try reviewing post op food lists and post op menus for what you are eating.  Found free online too. Hope you have been taking your vitamins daily... that can cause too many problems with out them. Best wishes for your better health. Take care too.

Karen R.
on 7/24/15 7:15 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

I agree with the rest a MD visit is needed!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

kcu53
on 7/26/15 11:52 am

Do NOT wait to see a Dr if you have black tar like stools as I waited almost 3 weeks and my hemglobin dropped to 5.2 which is very low and was hospitalized and given 4 units of blood.  I wad discharged on Wed and now going through further testing to see where bleeding is coming from.  I don't want to scare you BUT you need to take it serious and get to the DR.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics