Sneezed and now very sore again....

9forus
on 7/28/15 1:42 am
RNY on 07/21/15

I sneezed last night and now my left side is so very sore, downright hurts.  It had been almost better and that sneeze did something.  My incisions are all still closed, but it actually hurts to move again, a deep pain. I can't feel any hernia or anything strange by actual feel.  Is this normal?  I could feel it instantly when I sneezed. I am hoping it pulled the muscles and will be better in a few days.  My RNY was a week ago today.

Eggface
on 7/27/15 9:31 pm, edited 7/27/15 9:31 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Obviously only a Dr can tell you for certain but I will say this sneezing, coughing, laughing hurts for awhile. You sort of want to hold yourself if you have to do any of the above but sometimes they take you by surprise. I remember worrying about new weird pains... (TMI) gas feels different too... sharp pains still but in areas that aren't the same as pre-op... and for awhile either I was super sensitive to noise or aliens had invaded and made a home in my body... eating, drinking I could hear everything so loud.

Hope you are feeling better soon. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Sarah M.
on 7/28/15 5:20 am

I did the same thing right after my RNY. I was positive I pulled a muscle. My surgeon assured me it was him---part of the closing up was suturing things down to avoid a hernia. When I sneezed I just tugged on those good and yes it felt like starting all over pain wise. Keep walking and try to hold pressure on your abdomin when you feel a sneeze coming on.

killinmesmalls77
on 7/28/15 6:15 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

That happened to me about a week or so after surgery. I felt a "pop" and then crazy pain on my right side. A huge lump formed under my rib cage and it was so painful, I had to walk and sit with my arm pressed against my side. After a few agonizing days of it not going away, I went to the doctor and they figured it was a pulled muscle as I had no other symptoms or signs that it was anything else. It took about a week or so for it to finally heal. One night I went to bed with it hurting and the next morning I woke up completely fine.  

I got relief from alternating ice packs and heating pads.   

Hope you feel better soon! 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics