Hair Loss Questions

Stacy C.
on 11/24/15 5:14 am

Hello all,

I am almost 6 months post op and am losing a ton of hair, I feel pretty bald. I am wondering how long everyone lost hair for and how much hair did you lose? Also, how long did it take for you to start regrowing hair? I had thin fine hair to start with so I am down not not much at all and it still keeps coming out. I am seriously considering getting a wig. Another issue that I am having is very greasy hair. I feels like now that I hardly have hair left it gets super oily hours after washing it. Any tips for managing that issue as well?

Thanks for your input and best of luck to you all!

~Stacy

Juliek7312
on 11/24/15 5:21 am

Hi stacy ^^ I had pretty bad hair loss. I'm sure its because I didn't do as well on getting my protein in as I should have. My hair no longer falls out now. It stopped around the 6 month mark for me. I personally chopped most of my hair off when it was falling out because seeing super long strands of hair on my bed when i woke up bothered me. I didnt have the greasy hair problem tho so I cant help there sorry :(

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Laura in Texas
on 11/24/15 5:24 am

I lost a ton of hair from month 3-7. By month 9 I could see it growing back. Hang in there. I'd say for the vast majority of us it starts getting better somewhere around month 9-12.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

AngryViking
on 11/24/15 5:32 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yeah, what Laura said.  Mine was coming out in handfuls, so I cut it short around the 5 month mark.  I didn't seem to notice much hair loss after that.  Well, not any more than usual.

Salmygal
on 11/24/15 6:32 am

I am not to the hair loss point yet and am a little terrified as I do not have much hair to start with. I can help on the greasy part! Reddken (sp?)makes a clarifying shampoo in a white bottle. It works great for my hormonal greasy 13 y/o. It could be worth a try. Ulta is where I buy it.

HW 289

Lap Band 10/2007 --->Removed 3/2014

Revision to RNY  10/26/2015

White Dove
on 11/24/15 7:02 am - Warren, OH

After shampooing finish with a rinse of vinegar and water.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Stacy C.
on 11/24/15 7:23 am

Another question for you all, when did you notice your hair growing back?

Thomas H.
on 11/24/15 10:40 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

I'm a guy with real long hair, I a little past the four month mark and have not noticed it coming out a lot. It does seems like I have more hair in my brush after use and I thought it was looking a little thinner on top. So I started taking Biotin and watch my protein levels. ;)

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

beachybikegirl
on 11/24/15 11:31 am, edited 11/24/15 3:30 am

A trick for greasy hair: throw some baby powder in the roots of your hair, or can use loose face powder, you can apply that to your roots with a big face brush and that will help soak up the grease and actually makes a pretty good hair day for you!

My Friend, who sounds like she had similar hair to yours, she ended up buying some clip in pieces to have her hair seem more full, it did eventually return to normal for her but it took some time.

Hope this helps!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/15 9:52 am

I had hair loss starting at 4mos and it lasted until my 6mo mark. I was literally in tears daily because I have long dark curly hair, but iI refused to cut it. Don't worry, it's temporary, it will grow back. My hair is now the healthiest it's ever been!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 471 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 446 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 362 views