What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

peachpie
on 12/1/15 9:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

From a Webiste: As many of you may already know, the MAC color system is divided into NW and NC tones. NW (neutral warm) is for cool, pink undertones, while NC (neutral cool) is for warm, yellow undertones. It can be confusing for the unfamiliar - it really seems like the NW and NC should be reversed, but it helps to think of NW as "not warm" and NC as "not cool."

I wear NC foundation-- but I use L'Oreal True Match (Mac is too pricey and this works just as well). MAC artists always tried t sell me NW products and I hated how they looked- so I went NC.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

AngryViking
on 12/1/15 9:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OK, so I'm going to come clean and say I've never understood how to do that skin tone thing.  I don't know what undertones I have!  LOL  I do know that I'm kind of pale with dark hair.  The end.  I got the a Bare Minerals kit as a gift like 15 years ago in medium and I just keep buying the same shade.  It's probably not even right!

Nerdy_girl
on 12/1/15 3:01 pm - MD

I assumed the W was warm and the C was cool, but otherwise it never made sense to me either.  Thank you for the explanation.  

HW: 417 | 2003 RNY: 138 loss | 2015 Revision SW: 279

stacyrg
on 12/1/15 9:34 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  I was in court this morning, so a late post from me.  I've noticed I'm looking a bit like a raccoon also and was hoping it was just lack of sleep.  But, since I was told to increase my iron, I'm guessing it's not just that I'm tired.  I don't usually use concealer, so I'm paying close attention to this thread!  It's day one of the low carb challenge for me and I think I'll be ok.  We'll see.

B: ground turkey, spinach and cheese

S: Somersaults

L: Chicken thigh and mashed carrots

S: Light and fit and PB

D: Hamburger patty with grilled onions and Asian slaw

Totals: Cal: 1048; Protein: 96g; Fat: 49g; Carbs: 45g

melissasue1982
on 12/1/15 9:44 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Late start for me today, the 4 year old was up most of the night screaming saying his ear hurt.  So off to the doctor's this morning, yup raging ear infection.  ugh  He was supposed to have surgery on Friday, which we have had to reschedule.  They fit him in on December 30th.  Which happens to be during the other women in the office's vacation.  I WILL NOT be coming to work instead of being at the hospital with my scared 4 year old.  They can suck it!! 

Sorry AV, no help with the make up.  I don't wear anything.....

(almost) 8 months since surgery

B: 3/4c Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop syntrax milk chocolate

L: Homemade turkey sausage, kale & white bean soup

S: 2 Baybel light cheese

S: baby carrots & 1 tbsp thousand island dressing (I have been extra hungry in the afternoon lately)

D: Beef roast with some kind of veggie

S: Dannon L&F Greek yogurt

Totals: Cals: 694  Protein: 85  Carbs: 34  Fat: 24

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 12/1/15 9:47 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, poor baby!  Ear infections are the worst; I probably got two a year up until my early 20s.  And yeah, vacation, schmacation...your office can deal.

melissasue1982
on 12/1/15 10:18 am
RNY on 04/06/15

He has never ONCE complained about any kind of pain, and he was soooooo sad and miserable last night.  I have never seen him so upset

But I had to literally WRESTLE him to get the meds into him, so the next 10 days should be fun! LOL

Yeah I don't even care about the office at this point, my baby needs me there.  END OF STORY!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 12/1/15 10:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about your kiddo. Hoping the ear heals soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mschwab
on 12/1/15 11:59 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I am late as usual, but nothing new about that.  I use Clinique Advanced Concealer, and I love it.  It comes in a tube and even though it is liquid, it has a bit of a powdery feel.  I use mineral powder too, and it works great underneath, and covers really well.  Give it a try.  You won't be sorry.

I am looking at my calendar this month, and am already feeling a little overwhelmed.  I am booked straight through this month for holiday activities.  I sit on 3 Boards, and this is also prime fundraising time.  I just need to chill out and take a deep breath.  I will get done what I get done, and not worry about the rest (easier said than done, right?).

Time Since Surgery:  1 Year

B:  Egg Beaters omelette with bacon and ff mozzarella.

S:  Strawberry Greek Yogurt and ff string cheese

L:  3 oz chicken thigh and 1/2 cup roasted brussels sprouts.

S:  Protein hot chocolate

D:  4 oz chicken thigh and 1/4 cup mashed potatoes

S:  3 oz. smoked mussels

Totals:  Calories 811, Protein 86, Carbs 36, Fat 34, Sugar 19

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

AngryViking
on 12/1/15 12:03 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Oooh, I do like the Clinique products!  Is it almost free gift time?  LOL

Most Active