Hi there. New here. Had my RNY done on 1/26/16

Verge723
on 1/31/16 7:59 pm
RNY on 01/26/16

Hi there, I had the RNY procedure done last Tuesday. Been doing liquid diet Pre-Op and now Phase I since. For my protein, I am consuming a glass of isoPure clear protein daily. Sipping it every 10 minutes and consume half in the afternoon and evening.

I had a glass of water with green tea diluted. I wonder if that's ok? In addition, I am eating no more than 4 sugar free popsicles and if necessary, a cup of sugar free jello every night and I'm not feeling nauseated or having dumping syndrome. The former helps since I don't feel dehydrated and don't have dry mouth.

Thanks in advance and I hope this forum community will be part of a support group besides going to the one the hospital provides. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/16 9:26 pm, edited 1/31/16 1:26 pm
RNY on 12/28/15

Welcome to the RNY Club and to the forums!

I had mine back in December.  The number 1 thing you need to focus on is getting your fluids, I irritated my stomach a couple of weeks ago and ended up not being able to keep any thing down, including liquids and got pretty dehydrated. Had to go back to the hospital for a couple hours and get IV fluids....

Anyway... Good luck to you and if you have any questions this place is full of helpful people!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/1/16 4:57 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Welcome!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

The Salty Hag
on 2/1/16 5:32 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Welcome! Congrats on your surgery. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. It truly has been life improving for me. 

Sounds like you're off to a great start! 

The tea should be fine as long as you don't add sugar, ( but as always...make sure it's okay with your surgeon's or nutritionist/dietician's plan for you ) which leads me to my next point:

You won't dump unless you ingest actual sugar or possibly some simple carbohydrates-and it is possible you may not dump at all, but just assume you do. 

Focus on protein primarily, and read your labels to look for added sugar in foods or drinks, and you'll avoid potential dumping. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

NYMom222
on 2/1/16 9:27 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Welcome! Looks like you are off to a great start.  Keep drinking the fluids that is so important in the beginning. You are working your way up to the 64oz of fluid and 60g of protein at least. Don't know how big your glasses are you are drinking... Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

selhard
on 2/1/16 9:43 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

SF popsicles counted toward liquid so I had about four per day, too.  Your glass of weak green tea sounds fine and even better if it were warmed.  I am thankful to receive OH daily support for over three years thinking some day I won't need to.  I  NEED  TO.