New guy, hello!

Kota
on 2/8/16 9:02 pm
RNY on 01/01/16

hello everyone,  im new here and also new to the whole RNY thing as well.

a little back ground information:

my name is Zack and I'm almost 21 and have been over weight most of my life and just this past year found a good insurance that would cover the surgery and went through a long hard process but finally got it done and i'm very excited about my new life! ive been told by some people i shouldnt of got it done cause im too young or some thing but i was so big that it started to decline my health so i felt i had to do some thing and soon before it got worse, so here i am  :-) ....i was told by a friend of mine who had a friend that also had a RNY about this site and that it was for people who had weight loss surgery so i figured i would join up and hopefully learn from people who've lived this lifestyle.

it's been a little over one month since i had mine RNY and i was wondering if still feeling slightly pukey at times when I eat food is normal? i feel i should be healed enough for my stomach to feel normal.. and i mean normal as in not feeling icky if i eat some thing.

sorry if that's a stupid question, i just know back before i could eat stuff and not feel pukey at all. so that's my first question of what might be many! :P

thanks!

aesposito
on 2/8/16 8:59 pm

Some people get that way, some don't... often it depends on what you are eating.  I still feel pukey 4 years later sometimes... mostly if it's a higher-carb sort of thing (and certain foods just don't sit right with me that used to).  Post a sample daily menu and let us take a look-see...

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Kota
on 2/8/16 9:06 pm
RNY on 01/01/16

thanks for replying!

well everyday is different but for breakfest I usually have some scrambled eggs with some cheese.

for lunch today i had some chicken noodle soup

and dinner i was a little bit of yogurt

and of course lots of water :)

supershopper
on 2/9/16 7:04 am

Are you measuring/weighing your servings?

Some cannot do eggs straight away, I'm 7 weeks out and I can.

I would also nix the noodles in the soup

The water could be making you feel icky also. I've been doing hot decaf tea instead.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

aesposito
on 2/9/16 8:19 am

Couple of possibilities...

Noodles in the soup are pretty carby... and there is a lot of sugar in yogurt (natural sugar is still sugar). 

Or it could be a dairy thing... dairy in the cheese and yogurt.

Some people have egg issues... although I never did.

Dehydration can also cause nausea.

Or maybe it's just one of those things, like I said... sometimes we can't predict what will bother us.

Try eliminating some foods for a week or so (all dairy or all yogurt or all noodles, for example)... if you feel better after a week, that's the culprit.  If not, add it back in and try eliminating something else...

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Eggface
on 2/9/16 2:43 am - Sunny Southern, CA

It's pretty typical to feel randomly pukey as you first progress through the food stages... foods like eggs sometimes lay heavy for a while. Noodles I'd ax personally but let your bariatric team know how you are feeling... sometimes they can give you a nausea med for a time or determine whether there is a concern. If your bariatric program has a dietician they work with I'd ask for an appointment... they will set you up with a plan that is based on your lifestyle. 

It took me about 7 weeks till I felt "normal" again. 

There are never stupid questions by the way... ask away but remember everyone's programs are slightly different and often people are told to do or not do things based on their health issues, needs so always defer to your Dr., your plan. They get paid the big bucks too so never fear telling them you want clarification or help on something. 

Best to you!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

FindingCharlie
on 2/9/16 4:02 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16
rondadls
on 2/9/16 5:41 am

Hi new guy, and welcome. I am right at 4 months post op rny. I still feel bad after eating nearly every meal. Everyone is different. I do not eat any carbs with the exception of those in fruit or vegetables. I always eat my protein first and measure to be sure I am not eating to much. As long as you are doing what your surgeon has told you don't be to concerned unless it gets worse. I've talked to my dr about the same thing and that was what he told me. Oh and make sure you stop at the first sign of being full even if you have not eaten everything that you measured. Most of the time I can not eat everything on my plate, but that's ok. Just be aware of your new pouch and how you are feeling as you eat, take your time, eat slowly and chew well. Best wishes.

Ronda

NYMom222
on 2/9/16 7:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Welcome! and Congratulations for taking care of yourself at a young age. Stick around, you can learn a lot on these boards. Support is key in the long run.

Mantra in the beginning: Small bites, eat slow, chew well and make sure it is moist. A little broth, sauce, or gravy helps. Chicken thighs are moister than breasts. Still good advice even though I am farther out....

After 3 months things started agreeing with me more and after 6 months I could eat most things.

If you are not getting enough fluids that can make you feel bad too.....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

cpcampbell
on 2/9/16 12:35 pm

Welcome Zack!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?