Let the Games Begin

CJ2pt0
on 2/19/16 4:16 pm

Well, I finally...actually two weeks ago...just getting over the shock...got my surgery date. I am so excited, nervous, anxious I don't know where to start. In my head I keep making list and they seem to go on forever. I'm actually having the revision to RNY from the Sleeve. I'm wondering what the big differences are post-op. I've been to many of the pre-op classes but have been blown away by all the great advice and support from this group. Any words of advice? Caution?? 

oh yes...my date is 9 Mar 16...tic-toc

cajunlady1958
on 2/19/16 6:28 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I just had my revision from sleeve to rny 12/30/2015. Best advice do what your doctor tells you. I'm here if you need to talk.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

CJ2pt0
on 2/20/16 8:57 am

Thank you and I will definitely reach out.  So how are you feeling?

cajunlady1958
on 2/20/16 10:29 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Ok so far but each day is different. Since I had my surgery I haven't had any acid reflux or heartburn. That was the reason my surgeon did the revision. Take care and I'm here if you have any questions.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/19/16 7:17 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There really aren't any differences to speak of. With RNY you are very unlikely to have any of the acid issues VSGers can get. But otherwise you'd never know which surgery you had. 

Can I ask why you're having the revision?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CJ2pt0
on 2/20/16 9:09 am

I had terrible acid reflux.  That on top of gaining back a significant amount of my original weight lose.  I unfortunately was out of the country for a bit for work and was in a situation where you eat what you can, when you can. When I return I immediately tried to see my surgeon but it too almost a year.  My surgeon was AMAZING and jump started the process.  the original request was denied but the doctor resubmitted with a letter and it was approve the next week.  

It's not many times in life you get a second chance, so I am going to use this one for all its worth.  I'm excited about this and 1000% invested.   I have learned from my mistakes and learning everyday ways of avoiding pit stops...a lot of which are thanks to OH.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 175 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?