Home yesterday, doing well

Unlimited
on 4/2/16 8:12 am, edited 4/2/16 1:06 pm - WI
RNY on 03/29/16

Hello!  Arrived home yesterday around Noon - stayed an extra night due to the extreme nausea I was having on day 2. The zofran just wasn't working so changing to compazine did the trick.  Surgery went very smooth, although the starting of IV by anesthesiologist was the slow down. Even with Ultrasound leading the way yet still couldn't find a good vein.  My right arm is off limits due to Breast cancer- Lymphedema. So down to my feet with another anesthesiologist trying with a semi ok poke but would try again in my arm was I was under. Another option would be my neck - yikes!  Actually my surgeon was so proud as he found vein access in my other foot. haha

My left arm is soooo black and blue - but surgery went so well and I'm doing great at home. Two pets cat and dog laying near by my chair and cat btwn my legs in the chair. Such loving creatures!!  I see my PA for post-op surgery and NUT this coming Friday April 8 with hopes to return to work on Monday April 11.  I think it will be doable =)

Forgot to mention - the weight I was at for being prepped for surgery and weight I was returning home was only up 6 pounds from the fluids and CO2 gas pumped in for surgery. Happy for that and already down 3 of those pounds today!

karenp8
on 4/2/16 10:04 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are home and doing well. Welcome to the losers bench too. Get ready for a truly amazing journey!

Queen JB
on 4/2/16 10:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome home!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Maro
on 4/3/16 4:14 pm

Hello! I had my surgery March 29 th, so we are pretty close in dates!! I read you days ago but I didnt answer since I was feeling so so.

I had a sleeve turned into RNY in Monterrey Mexico, and everything went well Thanks God! I also stayed an extra night because I was a bit slower recovering from the air inside. i did NOT have any nausea at all but the air inside is for me, the worst part.

we have very similar cases, since my IV was a nightmare to have it done!!! My vains are good (or were good till now) but poking was bad because my vains were very light.

I had surgery at 9:00 am aprox and it took more or less 1 and a half hour; in the recovery room I did well and I stood up by my feet the same day... Walking, walking as soon as possible.

Two days later I had the barium test anti leaks and everything excellent!!! My Dr in Mexico is really a superb surgeon so I was in excellent hands. As I said, the air inside me was/is the painful part.

Since I do not live here, on friday I went to the Hotel with my mother and boyfriend and I havent eaten anything but liquid diet since 9 days ago, before surgery. I do not feel hungry but I am so happy tomorrow Monday April 4th I will have my drainage out and I will start the DIET 2, that is purees.

Hope you can write too, so we can know of each other development.

MARO

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 347 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?