1 year surgiversary and I'm in pain like I was right out of surgery. List of symptoms are

Buchmansrus
on 4/24/16 5:54 pm

Nausea it comes and goes and hangs around all the time but at its worst after I eat.

Its on the right side but sometimes is in between my left and right ribs.

My stomach is LOUD and moves A LOT like it did when I had my surgery a year ago.

I'm bloated BIG TIME and no amount of burps or farts (sorry about that word) help.

I'm tired. This has been going on well over 7 weeks now. I've put it off thinking well maybe its this, maybe its that, It wasn't until 2 weeks now I really figured I had to get seen.  Well, They did the ultrasound and it showed a normal gall bladder. So they did a HIBA (I think that's what it is on Thursday) I haven't heard back yet.

I'm just so tired. I almost wish they can just cut me open to see what the problem is. I don't think I have a temp.

I have to take my grand daughter to have a hernia fixed on Wednesday so I'm not pressing the dr's cause I want her fixed first.

I asked for nausea medicine like I got when I had my surgery and they gave me pills but they do not work. They wouldn't give me the liquid either which is what I asked for. The nurse told me to buy an antacid like tums or rolaids, I'm like SERIOUSLY????  I think I would know if it was heartburn, acid reflux, gerd or gas (I suffered with it for many years before gastric bypass) I just cant eat. If I do I either have pain or pressure and bloating instantly.

Ideas? advice? something to try or stay away from ?

Thanks everybody

Grandmaneice
on 4/24/16 7:06 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

It could be your gall bladder. I too had the HIDA scan done and it showed my gall bladder was functioning like at 12%, so I had it taken out right after Christmas.  When do you get the results of your HIDA scan back?  That should tell you more.  Weird thing with me is I only had one really bad gall bladder attack while at work one day.  When they open my gall bladder up after surgery, it shows I had dozens of little stones, guess I was lucky and didn't have big ones.

Buchmansrus
on 4/25/16 9:30 am

Thank you so much.

I really am hoping they get back with me today.

No matter what it is I cant do anything until after my grand daughter has her surgery. But it will be a relief once I find out what it is

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 4/24/16 9:07 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

When I had stomach pains, I went back to liquid diet - prot shakes and then added stuff back.  It turned out I had problem with new vitamins.  I'm not saying that vitamins are your problem, but I went back to a baseline and then experimented with trying foods one at a time and waiting to see if the new food gave me problems.  Until you get this figured out, you have to eat as healthily - prot and fluids - as you can.

Sharon

Buchmansrus
on 4/25/16 9:28 am

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I did do that at first thats been over 7 weeks now.

Atleast I got that part out of the way.

Thanks again

NYMom222
on 4/24/16 9:24 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Hernias can cause nausea too...and the other symptoms ypu listed.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Buchmansrus
on 4/25/16 9:27 am

Thank you so much for the reply.

I thought I was losing my mind

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/25/16 3:49 am

I did not ave stones in my GB but it was full of sludge. It was not working. All the symptoms as you describe. 

During GB surgery they also found hernia. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Buchmansrus
on 4/25/16 9:26 am

Thank you so much.

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.

phibbmom
on 4/25/16 8:53 am

I had the same symptoms.  It was scar tissue combined with something stuck (they think).  I was originally diagnosed with an ulcer.  They had me on OTC antiacids for two weeks, then omeprazol (sp?) for two weeks.  I lost alot of weight in that month.  I was feeling as though I might die (literally).  I called my doc and they said to go to the emergency room.  They opened me up and found very inflamed intestines.  He "released" some scar tissue.  They put me on a powerade diet for two weeks.  REally, nothing but powerade.  I couldn't handle the flavor, so I diluted it 50/50 with water.  Once I went on the clear liquids I felt much better.  I slowly went back to real foods, at a pace similar to right after surgery.  But you should go to your surgeon.  It may be something more serious.  I hope it is something simple.

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14