Help me please! I have some questions!

Steelej002
on 5/2/16 10:01 pm
RNY on 01/11/16

Okay I had gastric bypass on January 11th,2016. My weight loss has been great so far but I'm having trouble with my hormones. I don't feel happy anymore, like I don't get excited for things and even my boyfriend can tell a change in my attitude. I'm very happy with my results and the way I look and feel but I get agitated and never feel truly happy. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it just because of my rapid weight loss? I don't know if I should get some type of medication or something to help fix me:(

Next question is that I find my tailbone to be hurting and sticking out. I've never noticed it but now I am and starting to feel extra sore whenever I just sit down for like 30 minutes... Am I the only one who has a bony tailbone now !? 

Quiltingnonnie
on 5/3/16 1:57 am

My tailbone hurts when I sit . I'm sorry you feeling unhappy. You have been thru a lot. Maybe talking to a professional would give you some insight. I hope you ate getting support from those who love you. Please let us know how you are doing. Sending prayers for you.

Kakesie
on 5/3/16 4:24 am
RNY on 02/19/16

It sounds to me like you are depressed.  A good antidepressant can help with this as well as talking to a therapist.  I don't know if it has anything to do with your weight loss or not, but I would definitely get in to see a professional to get on an antidepressant and maybe see a therapist, too.  Depression can be cured and with the modern antidepressant medications, there is no reason to continue feeling sad.  I hope you feel much better really soon! 

~ Karen  :)

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/3/16 5:09 am

Unfortunately all is typical. 

For tailbone issue - it gets worse ...then it gets better. But 8 years post op - I still use special pillows almost everywhere.. Even on my car (leather sits) 

Google ****yx pillow - cushion.. There are plenty available. Check some..most stores like Walgreen carry them. Buy - try ...and if that does not work - you can return it. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

breck_fish13
on 5/3/16 5:12 am
RNY on 11/04/14

I used to like taking a bath but now I can't because it hurts my tail bone and back. I don't have any padding anymore.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/3/16 2:25 pm

I take baths. I use special foam in the bathtub. 

something like that or similar- most Walmarts carry things like that in the camping area. 

Relatively cheap and durable. I cut thatto size and have some for bathtubs, or for hot tubs, or gardening,

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dog_hair_dinner
on 5/3/16 5:32 am
RNY on 03/01/16

It sounds like depression.  I would go see a therapist for a few sessions. If you are not noticing any improvement AND the depression is seriously impacting your life, talk to your family doctor to see if you can get a referral to a psychiatrist to have you assessed to see if you need medication.  

Depression can be caused by so many different factors.  The weight loss may be one factor.  Such large changes in your life can be stressful, and even good stress is still stress, which can trigger depression.  

RNY_elizabeth
on 5/3/16 8:09 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Change for the better or for the worse can lead to mood changes.  We grieve for losses, it is in our nature.  Even though your extra weight was something you wanted to lose there is still a grieving process. If you are able to see a counselor for a while that is ideal.  Many of us do not have access, time, or money for that so if you aren't able to see someone consider working through some grief self help resources online. Much of them speak specifically about loss through death but the tools are similar. A few online resources I like are:

www.coping.us

www.LifeDesign101.com

Also...tailbone is terrible.  I was seriously driving into work this morning and thinking I need to buy a pillow to sit on in the car.

All my best to you!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Deanna798
on 5/3/16 8:16 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Also,  another thing to consider with massive weight loss is hormone dumpng.  Fat hold hormones,  sor as you lose weight is released and it can cause crazy mood swings and feelings. 

Good thing I'm used to feeling a little crazy, lol. But in all seriousness,  you should talk to your doc and see what they think,  and it can never hurt to talk to a professional about how you are feeling. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

kerbear1969
on 5/3/16 3:15 pm - MD

My tailbone hurts.  Im 9.5 months post op and I'm still emotional/depressed, I've started on Wellbutrin and am in counseling.  I come to this website and other support groups on FB, its an emotional roller coaster as due to the rapid weight loss our hormones are completely out of whack.

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 441 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views