Confession of pre op diet

SkinnyScientist
on 6/4/16 8:09 am

What she said.

And Audrey, you are more patient than me.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

The Salty Hag
on 6/4/16 2:10 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

LOL 'Twas NOT the case a few weeks ago. I was such a grumpy ***** that I yelled at complete strangers more than once.   

Long story short: I needed a happy pill adjustment. Thank goodness the new dosage is working. I was straight up scary for a few weeks. 

Yay for being medicated! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kathyjs
on 5/30/16 7:00 pm

Yes the pre op diet helps you shrink your liver preop but I believe it is more for the head. Life is full of 'situations' I didn't have to do protein Tyshakes so have no advice there but your dr said meat and veggies and unless I missed it, I don't see that. I had to go to behavioral therapy and it really helped. You have gotten some good advice from the others and I wish you all the best.

Kelley425
on 5/30/16 7:19 pm

Ive ate a crapload of veggies everyday and have had chicken nearly everyday along with the approved dressing on my list.. i was listing the "bad" ive ate ive still lost weight everyday and doing my best. Ive just had some humps. And need some motivation to get past that.

lizz122964
on 5/30/16 7:24 pm

I'm on my 2 week pro op diet as well. I have to drink 4 optifast shakes a day. I can have broth and 2 cups of lettuce, celery cucumber and green peppers. My surgery is on June 6th. Yes it's a hard diet, but it's going to be so worth it. I keep telling myself it's not that bad. I've thought of cheating a few times but then I've said no, your stronger than that. I want to be proud of myself and start this journey happy and not beating myself up. Good luck, you can do it. 

Kelley425
on 5/30/16 7:31 pm

Thank you.... 2 cups of lettuce? Lettuce burns more calories to chew than to eat. Lol

SkinnyScientist
on 6/4/16 8:17 am

And this is why you are going to be successful.

1) You know what you want 2) you are willing to follow directions/a map to get to your goal and 3) you KNOW your goal is worth it.

Talk to MUTE. She had the same "vision" preop and I do believe she met her goal in under a year.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/16 7:54 pm
RNY on 03/15/16

I guess the hardest thing is to learn not to be a 'foodie.'  I struggled with my pre-op diet too...but you need to follow it to a T in order for your system to get rid of all that it needs to in order for you to have the surgery....and you need to give your liver a break so it can shrink as they need to access things UNDER it, and if it is still fat and swollen from working so hard, they will cancel your surgery.  Trust me, it IS worth it!  And if you need to trick yourself into thinking you are eating....do so with things that don't matter....like sugar free jello.  Post op, I have eliminated sugar and most carbs, and I am very happy with my weight loss.  You will not have a problem with eating too much once your pouch becomes your food brain.  Or, you will suffer...and trust me, you don't want to do that! :)   My advice is to stay busy, and think of how your quality of life will improve once you start losing.  I cannot tell you how much my life has changed since I started losing....  It is the simple things, like leaning over, tying your shoes, etc.  I wish you luck, and try not to focus too much on how hard it is, but rather on how your life is going to improve. 

Good luck!!

Susan C

Kelley425
on 5/30/16 7:58 pm

Thank you.. i will do that. Ive already messed up though am i going to be ok? I have 9 days left....

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/16 8:02 pm
RNY on 03/15/16

You will be fine!  Just follow it from this day forward!  Trust me, you will not regret it!  Life is so much nicer now that I am thinner, like I said before, it is the little things.  Just try to think of the good things....and again, STAY BUSY!  That way you won't have to think about food so much!  Stick with salads, and fluids.  I love Premier protein shakes also...I have 1 every morning for breakfast...and a boost on my protein intake.  It will get easier, trust me! :)

Susan C