Two non-scale victories today

Cheremiste
on 6/8/16 5:51 pm
  1. We had an all-staff meeting today and so we got out of work early. Our office has a convenience store just downstairs. I stopped in to get a diet Snapple for my ride home. 

I saw the Reese's peanut butter cup. I bought the Reese's peanut butter cup.

I walked to the garage, went up to my floor, stopped, took out the Reese's peanut butter cup, looked at it, and threw it out.

I went to my car and called Judy, the surgical program therapist. Fortunately she was in her office. She was great. I told her about the temptations, the evil voice inside of me that wants to eat around Alberta, and "test" it. 

She reminded me that I'm still very new at this, that everyone messes up, that I made a healthy choice by throwing away the candy, and I'm way too hard on myself.

So that was a victory.

2. I went to hot yoga this evening. It's a Vinyasa flow class, so it's a vigorous practice in a room that's heated to about 90 degrees F. We did a couple of twist poses and I got deeper into the pose than I'd been able to do previously. I'm like WTH?

Then I realized: because my stomach isn't so big anymore, the yoga pose is easier.

That felt good :)

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

karenp8
on 6/8/16 6:07 pm - Brighton, IL

Congratulations! Remember how great these two things felt the next time candy calls your name. I keep a list of non scale victories posted on my fridge to remind me and make smart choices a bit easier. Thanks for sharing too!

Grim_Traveller
on 6/8/16 6:19 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Good for you.

The only way you'll catch me in a 90 degree room is if it's a smokehouse, and that's where I pick up my ribs.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

chassibi
on 6/8/16 8:27 pm

This is good! I honestly haven't been too tempted on sweet stuff, I know that if I give into it, it will become a huge monster on my shoulder, so I'm trying to hold out on carbs/sweets until I reach goal, and then only in moderation. You showed a lot of will power today by throwing it away. That was so good!

I want to start yoga soon. I need to get to a studio and check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Heather P.
on 6/10/16 9:55 am

Awesome!

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Most Active
Recent Topics