Status Check

Rae293
on 6/20/16 6:01 pm

Meal planning is an area I struggle with. My typical breakfast  is Dannon lite 'n  fit Greek yogurt, a handful of blue berriies, 7 pecans and maybe some granola. Lunch is a protein shake or meat with fruit or veggie & dinner is meat or fish veg or salad and maybe a potato. My downfall has been snacking at night or a sweet at break or with my coffee at work. 

Any suggestions  on sites for menus or meal planning  and prep would b helpful.

NYMom222
on 6/20/16 6:41 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

If you look at the daily what are you eating posts you will see plenty of menus and ideas. The world according to eggface blog has lots of recipes as well as she shows how she plans out her menu...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Rae293
on 6/20/16 7:28 pm

Awesome! Thank you.

Rae293
on 6/20/16 7:32 pm

Awesome! Thank you.

Rae293
on 6/24/16 7:11 am

Again, thanks for all the replies.  

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that I am now tracking my food intake on myfitnesspal.com.  My entries are an eye opener for me and have revealed that I am way, way over the recommended goals (cals, sugar, fat etc.) set by my surgeon.  I really need to buckle down.  As far as food goes it has NOT been a good week.  My weight has gone up to 198 and that scares me.  Today, I going to the grocery store in preparation for the 5 day test.  Hopefully, this will produce good results and bring me back into focus.

If you are out there and a newbie, be cautious.  Dont get too overconfident with your results and estimation of what you are eating.  It can be very deceiving.  Also, be patient with yourself.  You may mess up as I have, but dont wallow in the bad choice.  Move on as soon as you can.

Blessings.

Deanna798
on 6/24/16 7:36 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Our starting stats are similar, and I had surgery a few months before you.  You CAN keep losing.  I'm at 164 right now and I track everything religiously.  I'm not perfect, far from it, but I keep plugging along and resetting when I start to drift away.  it's so awesome that you caught it this quickly and are taking control.  You will be successful, you will get to your goal, you just have to stay vigilant!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

aesposito
on 6/24/16 8:01 am

You said "My typical breakfast  is Dannon lite 'n  fit Greek yogurt, a handful of blue berriies, 7 pecans and maybe some granola. Lunch is a protein shake or meat with fruit or veggie & dinner is meat or fish veg or salad and maybe a potato."

With the yogurt, fruit, granola, veggies and potato, you eat more carbs in a day than I do in probably a week.  I would start there if I were you.... which of course I am not, but you asked :)

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Deanna798
on 6/24/16 8:14 am
RNY on 08/04/15

mmmm, potatoes.  I miss them very much.  I just can't even open that bag of worms because they are so yummy and just slide on through my pouch.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
Recent Topics