Status Check

Rae293
on 6/20/16 12:16 pm

I had my RNY surgery 10/05/2015 and am wanting to do a "status" check with others that have been down this road. My starting weight was 293#. I dropped 30# before surgery. So, going into surgery I was 263. My current weight is (on my home scale) is fluctuating between 294-296#. I cant seem to get under 294# and it is concerning me. My docs feel 170# would be a good my goal weight for me (BTW I am 5'7"). I have a f/u appointment with the surgeon in 2 weeks and am concerned about my progress.

I workout 1 hour 3-5 times a week and it is usually 30 minutes (3mph at an incline between 5-6.5) on the treadmill and 30 minutes lifting weights (30-35reps or 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps @ 35-40#) using weight machines.

I have discontinued writing in a food journal, but feel I am doing well with my protein intake and water. To be honest, I am delving into sweet treats more often than I did a few months ago. Sometimes they send me for a loop with stomach pain and other times no issues at all. For the most part, I have been fortunate and can tolerate almost anything. Bread tends to be my one bugaboo if it has not been toasted. So, I do not eat it anymore.

I am curious to know if most of you have been right on track all along? If not, how did you get on track to the goal weight. Also, if you succumbed to your sweet tooth, how did you stop again?

Thank you!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/20/16 12:48 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ooh the bouncing around routine.,  I so hate that sometimes. Working out is good but I think you gotta go back to writing in a food journal. Tracking is pretty important when working your way down otherwise you can lose track, or not be able to figure out what you need to cut back on. Feeling your doing well & actually being able to see it in black & white are 2 different things. I'm 2+ years out & I still track my food. It lets me know exactly what I need to change & how long b4 I need to change things up.

I'd start with journaling for a week, use my fitness pal to get a baseline of where you're at, then proceed with finding the right balance of numbers i.e protein, calories, carbs etc to see the scale move again. You'll have to change up the numbers as you work your way down.

I also have a sweet tooth & sometimes I find substitutes to satisfy it, or when I go off the rails, go on a carb detox. Meat & cheese usually gets me over the hump & puts the cravings on the back burner.

Check out the 5 day meat test in my signature. Julie created the site & it has been helpful to me & others.

Good luck to you & hopefully you'll get back on the losing side of weight loss. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Rae293
on 6/20/16 5:16 pm

Thanks, T.  You are right, I need to start Journaling again.  This time I will try myfitnesspal.  I hadon't been using paper.  I will try the 5 day meat test too.

White Dove
on 6/20/16 1:23 pm - Warren, OH

Is that a typo or did you gain 30 pounds since surgery?  I am hoping you meant you are between 194-196

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Rae293
on 6/20/16 2:24 pm

CORRECTION!......Actually, my weight fluctuates between 194-196.  And, I cant seem to get under 194. DUH!  

Sorry!

karenp8
on 6/20/16 3:06 pm - Brighton, IL

If you can't lose any more weight then you are eating the number of calories your body needs to maintain. I am four years out and still weigh measure and track every bite I eat so I know not just how much protein I am getting but also how many calories. The only way to get away from the sweets and carbs in general is to go cold turkey. Eliminate bread,rice,pasta and potatoes for sure and focus on eating dense proteins like meat and seafood. Measure your servings so you know exactly how much you are eating. I know personally if I eyeball portions,I'm eating more than I think. You can do this you just need to Crack down and track again. Exercise is great to make you feel strong and healthy but the most important thing when losing weight is an accurate account of what you are eating. To lose you have to eat fewer calories.Check out the what's on your plate post for some daily accountability

Rae293
on 6/20/16 5:26 pm

Thanks Karen8. I will have check out the what's on your plate posts.

White Dove
on 6/20/16 3:18 pm, edited 6/20/16 8:18 am - Warren, OH

One sweet treat a day will be enough to stall my weight.  It is hard once you start and will not get easier.  The only way to stop is to just stop.  Try our five day meat test.  It will get you off carbs and jump start your weight loss.  One member reported losing 18 pounds in five days.

https://fivedaymeattest.wordpress.com/

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Rae293
on 6/20/16 5:28 pm

Thank you White Dove. I will try  the 5 day meat test.

NYMom222
on 6/20/16 5:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Link for the 5-day-meat test is below my ticker. I find planning my day ahead of time helps, even if there are changes that happen along the way.... at least there is a plan. Check out the what are you eating today? daily posts, they can help.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics