For those who've been supportive, thanks but I'm leaving

Cheremiste
on 7/19/16 4:50 am

After the fiasco that developed based on my last post on dating, I will no longer be posting to or reading this forum. My feelings were hurt tremendously and I don't think a lot of people understood the spirit of my post. Perhaps that's my fault, or a combination of my fault and the fact that you can't tell "tone" on the Internet.

Thanks to those who supported me and understood that I'm a human, warts and all, and that I've made mistakes with food and otherwise. I'm certainly not perfect and I know I've eaten things and done things that can hurt Alberta (my pouch) and my weight loss journey. I'm doing my best to learn from those things and move on.

This is not a "flounce" or an attempt for sympathy, but rather an attempt to explain myself.

To those who understood and/or supported me, many thanks and I wish you all the best.

To those who didn't or who attacked me....bless your hearts.

If you want to communicate with me and we can cheer each other on, please PM me and I'll give you my private email address. I will no longer be reading this board as of the end of the day today (I'm going on vacation so I won't be able to see it anyway).

Sincerely yours,

cheremiste

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

chassibi
on 7/19/16 5:06 am

I hate to hear that. I think you are making a mistake, but best of luck to you! 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

supershopper
on 7/19/16 5:11 am

i hate to see you go, its really important that you continue to get daily support.

Not everyone will agree with you at all times, it doesn't mean you need to drop off for good.

i hope you change your mind

karenp8
on 7/19/16 5:46 am - Brighton, IL

I hate to see this and hope you'll reconsider. I truly believe that no one meant to hurt your feelings but were only expressing their point of view. It's very hard to read words on a page and see what the writer meant and where they were coming from. We all have our own experiences and because of that look at life in vastly different ways. I hope you'll reconsider as we will miss you and would love to cheer you on as you live out your own amazing journey. Best wishes with whatever you decide and I hope you have a great vacation too!

Deanna798
on 7/19/16 6:09 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I think it's incredibly sad that you feel you have to leave.  I hope that you realize that any place you go on the internet and post ANYTHING, there will always be someone who disagrees with you.  If you don't come here, I highly suggest you find a local support group where you can talk to others who have gone through it all before.  You will need the help, because I know by the posts you've had that you are struggling to stay on plan and you're still very early out.  We all need to find a place where others understand what we're going through.

good luck, and "bless your heart".

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Heavens2Betsy
on 7/19/16 7:03 am
RNY on 02/29/16

Awww... I'm sad to see you go.  However, you need to do what's best for you, and if this place doesn't work for you, I hope that you find someplace that does!  Deanna's idea of going to a local support group is excellent.  Maybe that'd be a better fit for you.  Best of luck!!!

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

Emiepie
on 7/19/16 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am so sorry you had a bad experience, but also understand you have to do what feels right for you. Wish you the best of luck on your journey. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

rachelp
on 7/19/16 8:30 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I left this site years ago for the same reason but I'm back...with thicker skin now. If that's how you feel then it's probably best to leave. Mental health is important too and if what people say on here bother you then you need to go somewhere where they don't. But go/join somewhere else. Don't try to do it alone. I hope you enjoy your vacation and take care 

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/16 8:36 am

I am sorry you are going to leave this site. I will say I did delete my account when I didn't hear what I wanted. I am not saying it was right or wrong. 

I didn't like what was said. I was really angry. I don't even remember what it was about. I know now I really need this site. It does help. 

People do not want to be mean here. Sometimes it may sound mean. But in reality they have been through a lot. The vets here want you to do well. 

Take one day at a time. There are people *****ally want to help. We all have bad days sometimes. Life can suck sometimes. It can be wonderful to. 

Think about coming here and helping others. When we help others it does help us. 

No one really wants to be just mean here.

Also I do know what Bless your Heart really means and that is not really nice either. 

Kathy S.
on 7/19/16 8:37 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

We are really sorry to see you go.....  The first time I posted someone ripped me a new ***hole and I was in tears.  I have been made fun of because I am more of a rainbow and unicorn kinda gal and guess what?  I am still here and so thankful for all the interactions. The person that ripped me a new ***holes is one of my best friends, we have stayed in touch for over 10 years.  What I have learned is the value of support and information far outweighed a few that carry a heavy stick.  And those that do, helped me the most.

You can block members you don't want to interact with, but the best is to not react....  As fat people we have had our feelings hurt over and over again and if we let that stop us or make us quit we would all be shut ins.

Have a great time on your vacation, think about your choice and we hope to see you back here. If not, good luck to you and we wish you all the best life has to offer....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics