What's on the Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 10/13/16 4:25 am, edited 10/13/16 5:04 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good Morning Menu Family,

How is everyone today? Woke up to 48 degrees here and rain.  Fall seems to have arrived.  I love Fall and look forward to bringing out all my sweaters, turtlenecks and boots!

QOTD: What is the one thing you have learned from OH that surprised you?  Maybe something that your Centre did not tell you?  For me it's a couple of things.  One is the amount of carbs my centre was pushing.  At my 3 months follow up the Nut was actually getting mad at me for not eating a slice of whole wheat bread or some couscous or oatmeal for breakfast.  She was mad! It was at that appointment that I realized they don't really know how to advise post WLS patients as they have never been through it.  It was only here on OH that I learned not to eat all those carbs!  Also how much they also  have no clue on post WLS lab ranges. The Nurse at my Centre was not even remotely concerned as my Iron Ferrtin was dropping and even when it got to a Ferritin level of 4 she wanted me to switch to a different Iron pill (which would have been my 3rd switch, but now I am onto my 2nd Iron Infusion to get my Iron up which she tried to talk me out of getting an Infusion!!!). And lastly how much my Centre never ever pushed being part of OH. On the very last page of their info booklet they give out is a list of "websites they recommend" and OH is on there but not pushed or mentioned or suggested. I don't know what I would do or where I would be without the advice, support and friendships I have made here. 

Time since Surgery: 2 years and 11 months

B: plain oatmeal with a scoop of unflavored protein powder and Splenda brown sugar

L: 3 oz of roasted chicken breast with A1 sauce

D: 3oz of roasted chicken breast with A1 sauce and some broccoli

S: one babybel cheese and a Health Smart Protein Hot chocolate before bed (got these from Nashua Nutrition)

Totals: 753 calories, 92 protein,  42 carbs, 21 fat

PatchMD Vitamin Patches are on (Mulit, Iron, B12, VitD/Calcium)

Liquids: 3 coffees done, on to ice water with some SF cranberry juice

Exercise: walk the dogs after work at the park

It's almost Photo Friday!  Be awesome today my friends! 

ETA: changed my menu, took out my afternoon snack

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

chassibi
on 10/13/16 4:39 am

Good morning Daisy. I have to work the lab again today instead of doing my real job, so will make this quick and early! Afterwards have a dentist apt, yay me.

QOTD: probably the carb thing as well. (Sorry to steal yours haha). The surgeon's office advocated for a more balanced diet modeling the food pyramid, although they said eat protein first, I never realized I would be eating mostly dense protein for a long time. I do feel I would have been lost without this place, which I found on my own. I think if I had asked to see the NUT there multiple times, I could have, but it was offered once during my evaluation, and that's the only time I've been.

B- 2 oz deli ham, irish tea

L- chili

D- shredded beef round in au jus with slice of provolone

S- cheddar cheese stick

Totals- Cals- 646; protein- 72; carbs- 30; fat- 30

**Have a great day ya'll!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Daisydoo02
on 10/13/16 5:15 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Have a good day at the lab and good luck at the Dentist, I loathe the Dentist!

Steal away, its okay, I figure a lot of us will have similar answers 

Your dinner sounds yummy... mmmmm beef with au jus mmmmmmmmmmm

Queen JB
on 10/13/16 4:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning, Friends! How are you feeling today, Daisy?

Hmmm, I have mixed feeling about sweater weather. I love warm cozy clothes and leather boots, but I'd rather have the temps above 85, any day! 

I think the thing I didn't understand until I came here was that weight loss was going to be quick at first, then slow down without my "permission". My center definitely didn't talk about how hard it would be to keep losing after a year, even if I kept doing the same thing. I think they should really tell people that it IS a race against time to get down to goal, quickly.

Speaking of which, I am 15 months out, and definitely ate two crab rangoon and a ton of popcorn last night :( Whoops. New day...

B: Coffee, Rosemary Wasa Crisps and Laughing Cow Wedge

S: Mr. Cheese Os

L: Chobani Flips (PUMPKIN!)

S: Sargento Balanced Breaks

D: meat!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 10/13/16 5:18 am - Brighton, IL

Yes to pumpkin anything. My hubby keeps threatening to buy a pumpkin donut just so he can eat it in front of me. I told him I was sitting in the car and imagining what that pumpkin donut would taste like. How sad!

Daisydoo02
on 10/13/16 5:34 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hubby brought home a Krispy Kreme Pumpkin donut last week (get this the Judge at the Courthouse bought all the Jurors Krispy Kreme donuts as a treat) and I smelled it thinking it would be amazing and I might have a bite and it smelled GROSS.  He ate it and said it was amazing, I thought it smelled off so glad I didn't eat it.  

Emiepie
on 10/13/16 6:51 am, edited 10/12/16 11:51 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Since surgery the smell of donuts nauseates me. Now if I could have the same with things like granola bars and crackers....

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

rachelp
on 10/13/16 7:03 am
VSG on 08/01/16

There's nothing worse that eating something that wasn't worth it! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/16 3:03 pm

I would ask him if you are allowed to kick him in the nuts if he does this. 

Daisydoo02
on 10/13/16 5:20 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Feeling the same JB, I think I have another week or two of this, a cold is a cold and just going to keep taking my meds and being a good girl LOL

Oh I hear you on the warm temps, why can't we wear sweaters & boots in August? ha ha ha Arun has been laughing at me as I have been going to bed with LAYERS of clothes on.  He said to me the other night, "babe you are screwed come December when it gets really cold" yup, I already told him he needs to buy me an electric blanket for Christmas and give it to me now ha ha

I read your answer to the QOTD and was nodding my head YES! Its so true, my centre never mentioned anything about lose the weight fast and then get ready for how hard maintenance is!!!   Happy 15 months!  I think the crab rangoon (protein) cancels out the popcorn Ha ha

I am jealous of your Chobani Flips, yup add that to the long list of things we can't get here in Canada ha ha ha

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views