What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 12/6/16 4:28 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning Menu Friends! I am tired!! Did I tell you all I got 3 hours of sleep Sunday night and got only 4 last night. I feel like a Zombie. Really busy at work and really busy in the evenings, ugh when I get home from work today I will have to fight not going to bed at 5pm ha ha but I have plans so hopefully I can get to bed at a decent time tonight. 

QOTD: Do you do Christmas gifts?  Do you like to have lists from people and you get what you know people want?  Do you shop around for that very unique one of a kind gift you know no one else will get someone?  Do you do homemade gifts like knit scarves or make cookies?  Or do you donate to that persons favourite charity?  Hubby & I have requested from our family & friends not to buy us gifts. We are very fortunate and have everything we need. Every year we donate to our local animal shelter, we give money and dog & cat blankets & treats. We also give toys & food to the firehouse that is about 3 blocks away from our house. We have some family that "insist" on getting us something and when we are asked "what do you want" I always say "pull out your calendar and book a date with me right now and you can take us out for dinner."   I would rather spend time together than have a "something" in my house collecting dust.  Don't get me wrong, I am not anti gifts, I LOVE gifts, but just as happy with the "gift" of time together. Ya it's cheesy but it's true!

I didn't make breakfast or lunch, ugh so not like me and I hate not having a "plan" of my meals. I literally threw some snacks in my bag as I ran out the door to get the train to work. So I am guessing at my menu, will be buying at work today

Time since surgery: 3 years

B: probably half a bagel with egg & cheese

L: Greek chicken kabob with a bit of Greek salad

S: protein hot chocolate, 2 babybel

D: Taco Tuesday! 

S: Vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries, 2 babybel before bed

TOTALS: my totals SUCK, see what happens when I don't plan!! Ugh!!! 932 calories, 86 protein, 63 carbs!!!!

V: patches are on

L: tons of coffee, lots of water with SF cranberry juice

E: Shopping on my lunch hour at the big mall by my work (Eaton Centre for my Canadian peeps) and hike the dogs when we get home. Then we have errands to run so not sure if I will make it to the gym tonight, bummer!

Have a fun day everyone!!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Queen JB
on 12/6/16 4:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! Funny that you mention being tired...I'm still recovering from not really getting a chance to relax this weekend. I was tiiiiired this morning and basically said "hell no" when the alarm went off at 4:45am and reset it for 5:40am.

Ok I'm really really serious about getting back on track today. I'm just on a bad path. The scale has reported between 118 / 119 for a week. It's not an emergency but it's higher than I like, and let's face it--it's not going to get easier over the holidays. So this morning I stopped guessing about calories, and actually used MFP to pack my meals instead of putting them in at the end of the night. I'm also hoping to get home at a decent time and spend some time on the elliptical machine.It's not rocket science...I just need to do it.

QOTD: My family and I have settled on one "gift" and one "event" (like tickets to a play or something)-- it's a nice way to do it. I always make fun of my BFF and her family because they just give each other exact lists of what they want and someone buys it for them. There is no surprise--a lot of times they go to pick it out together. Whaaat!? The element of surprise is 1/2 the fun!

B: Coffee and Apple Crisp Twist Chobani
S: Chomps meat stick and cheese stick
L: 2 turkey meatballs with 1tbsp sour cream
S: salami and cheese
D: meat tbd

Totals without dinner:
Cal: 700 /Protein: 53 /Carb: 26

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Insert Fitness
on 12/6/16 4:52 am

Morning everyone! 

It seems our house is full of sickies, and I heard from a cousin that two of her kids might have step, and my brother in law is sick too! Seems there was a patient zero at our family party on Saturday....fun times haha

Qotd: kind of all of the above.On my in laws side, things were getting way too prescribed. Like a list that listed gift cards...Zzzz. The fun part was always the stockings (we each contribute to everyone's stocking) so thus year we decided to just do that, and spend our money on doing activities together. 

My family sends a list, some of it is specific, others more vague, like a reminder of new hobbies etc.

we also do a lot of crafty stuff or baking as gifts. Over the past few years we've done family recipe collections, family trees, ornaments. This year a made Christmas-y pillows.

menu:

B: protein shake

L/D: will depend on how I'm feeling. Might make a noodle free chicken soup...

have a great day everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 12/6/16 1:41 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope everyone is on the mend!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

supershopper
on 12/6/16 5:28 am, edited 12/5/16 9:28 pm

hey yall- so i did get to my PCP doc on Friday to figure out the cause of my right side pain. Haven't gotten back blood work but she did put me on an antispasmodic pill since friday and I HAVE not hurt!! It is amazing, and I'm not accidentally peeing myself either! WIN! I should hear back today on blood totals. I feel SO much better already

it is still raining here in GA- going on day 5. We needed it though just really gloomy.

I'm committed to doing this 30 day yoga challenge, on day 4 today. and i skipped 2 days (one where I actually went to a yin/yang yoga class and another when i was tired and didn't wanna- they vary from 20-40 minutes and if you want to look it up on youtube it is FREE! Yoga by adrienne is the name. you just play it right there on your phone or tablet, so easy! then there are no excuses for not stretching/feeling better unless you talk yourself out of it.

yesterday's totals were a bit high for me. and I ate 3 pieces of candy corn. They were as good as I remember. 893 cal/85 prot/78 carbs I may run out after work and get my milk to make second batch of greek yogurt- we ate it all!

QOTD: i love buying for people as yall all know. My neices and nephews get a ton from me because i usually do a gift basket for them with health and beauty makeup and other goodies. I prefer to give gifts than receive them. edited because I forgot to say I bake for people for the holidays also. I didn't do it last year because I was post surgery Dec 15 1 year! I usually do bake for neighbors gifts and give a candle or some other home item also.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teena D.
on 12/6/16 5:32 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Oh boy... i think I may need a 2nd instant pot for yogurt making.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Lovely_Caprice
on 12/6/16 6:00 am

Just my opinion, don't buy a whole bunch of machines/gadgets - you won't use most of them after surgery.

Teena D.
on 12/6/16 6:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I love the instant pot I already have and with a family of 5, I'm pretty sure I'd use a 2nd one, but I probably won't even get it until Black Friday next year- unless it goes on sale for a great price.

cc583
on 12/6/16 4:42 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I never heard of an instant pot until I saw it posted on this thread about a month ago. Can you explain to me what all of the hype is about? It seems like it's a slow cooker(crock pot) and pressure cooker in one but does it do more?

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Teena D.
on 12/6/16 4:53 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Yes it does that. It also sautes or browns and cooks rice. Mine has a lentils function and grains I think. I have the 6 in 1. The 7 in 1 can also cook yogurt. 

The things I like the most- I can cook rice in the same amount of time on the stove but with the instant pot I can set it and forget it.   I'm also terrible at setting my crock pot in the morning. So with the instant pot I can come home and have stew in 40 minutes. I joke that it enables me to be a procrastinator. And just about any tough cut of meat can be tender in the instant pot. 1 last point is making broth.  Much faster in the instant pot. Oh and I just got mine but it doesn't heat up the house so it's great for cooking in the summer. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 489 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?