One Month Post Surgery

aksnookes
on 1/6/17 4:03 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

So far so good.  That is what I keep saying to everyone, but honestly, most of the time I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.  I am trying to stay hydrated and I am sipping water all day, but I am nowhere near 64 oz a day!  I am not sure how I am supposed to be able to drink that much!

I am still on a pureed diet so I am not really eating much.  I mostly do soups, well the broth from soups at least.  I am doing protein shakes and making sure I get my protein in, but I worry about not getting enough water.  Any suggestions for how to get more water in?

Thanks!!!!

Go_Zippy
on 1/6/17 4:45 pm
RNY on 10/20/16

You can count the broth and shakes as liquids. That should help!

5'5" HW: 348.5, SW: 311.2, CW: 254.6

Mahalo F.
on 1/6/17 5:42 pm

WOW one month already!

I am sipping away through the day !

I have discovered TAZO caffeine free teas & I had two cups today.   Not too hot... Tepid and soothing...

Chamomile definitely my go to.  I am not sure about the fruity teas.   My only concern the sugar content if any.

Maybe the VETS will know better

The one sure sign that you are getting enough fluids?

?urine is pale yellow

?frequent trips to the wash room

?your mouth is not dry

?you feel well

Hope this helps!

Mahalo 

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

peachpie
on 1/6/17 7:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

One thing I liked about my program is that right after surgery- their water goal was 50oz. Before surgery I couldn't even handle 64oz daily (overactive bladder) and I know if I was mandated to do 64oz I'd feel like a failure right out the gate. Having 50oz as my goal made it seem doable. 

Remember your protein shakes, broth all count as part of your 64oz of fluids-- but I'd recommend at least 1/2 coming from straigh****er. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

MsKitty12345
on 1/6/17 10:07 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

I found that when drinks are very cold that I drink more.  I've also found that tepid drinks seem to make me feel full and I drink less.  Never thought about the temp of drinks until I had this surgery.  Try changing temps and see if you are able to get in more liquids!  Good luck!

MsKitty...

ttfan
on 1/7/17 1:54 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I have found that ice ICE cold water or hot HOT decaf tea or decaf coffee works best for me, luke warm is hard on me

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/17 8:37 am

I'm having trouble getting enough fluids too!  Water is about the only thing that doesn't go down too easy (even sipping) for me.  It feels like I'm swallowing air bubbles (even though it's actually the water) and when they get to my stomach it's a little uncomfortable.

I'm seeing my doctor Tuesday and I'll post what they say.

Jeff

Most Active