17 days post op - Incision pain?

nightMER
on 3/23/17 4:26 pm
RNY on 03/06/17

I'm almost three weeks post surgery and I have one incision that still hurts off and on. When I do feel pain it's a burning and almost like a internal "pop". Externally it looks healed!

anyone else have this going on? When did your pain go away completely?

Sssmck
on 3/23/17 6:30 pm
RNY on 01/23/17

My top incision (right near my bra line) is where the hernia repair was done, that incision gave me the most pain for the longest time. Now, 2 months out, it's ALMOST healed. I had some pus come out from it at about the 4 week post op mark and doc noted that the stitch in there that was supposed to dissolve may have been making it's way out through my skin leading to the pus and inflammation. Since then, no stitch poking out, but a longer healing time. It's not painful though - I had no pain from incisions past the 10 day mark except for that one that was off and on until pain went away after the inflammation and pus both went away.

cc583
on 3/23/17 6:48 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I experienced pain with a couple of my incisions for about 4 months. It will get better. But please do make sure that you tell your surgeon about it so he or she can examine it. Always better to be safe than sorry!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Achappe1
on 3/23/17 8:47 pm
RNY on 03/01/17

I am 23 days out today and have really bad pain on one of my incisions. (The one they pulled everything out of?). When I went to my post op appointment I was told it was/is healing slower than the rest and to basically baby it. Don't let it get any pressure etc.

Mandi87
on 3/23/17 9:48 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

I'm just over 3 months out and I had a similar issue with a couple of my incisions in the beginning (two on the left side of my belly). They felt sore for longer than I expected, almost like a pulled/strained muscle. I was so worried that it was a hernia or something else but my surgeon's office said that it should go away after awhile and it did but it took a good 5 weeks or so to go away completely. It did come back off and on, especially if I was in one position for too long. I agree with everyone else though, definitely better safe than sorry so touch base with your doc to be sure everything is healing up good. Hope the discomfort goes away soon! Keep taking care of your body and don't pu**** too far while you're still healing up.

Kathy1212
on 3/24/17 4:15 am

I had incision pain in one incision (the one on the left, where he did the most work) for over a month. Then the pain magically went away and for about another week or so I got "twinges" in the incision; not pain exactly, but little pulling feelings reminding me it was there.

The only other incision that ever gave me problems is the high one that sits on my bra line, and only when I was wearing my bigger bras that covered it. When I lost enough weight to fit back into my older bras, they were cut differently and did not rub that incision.

It feels wonderful to have no pain now. Hang in you'll get there. And like the others said, tell your surgeon about the pain so he or she can check it out. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

One Bad Beach
on 3/24/17 8:36 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Best advice to you: Call your surgeon and let their office know what is going on with your incision pain. This way, if something were to happen, they would most likely get you into the office for a check a lot quicker than if you waited.

Plus, if it's infected, you need to get it taken care of right away. Good luck.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views