Surg date 8/7/17

AngAng
on 7/31/17 8:38 am

OMG.. I am flipping out, filling out my leave paper work.

I have a question... might be TMI... do we get cathed? I mean, I know that we are going to have an iv dripping.. and the procedure could take an hour or so?? So, that was my question, and if we are cathed, how long?

Also.. Are OIKOS Zero Yogurt drink ok for us?

AngAng

Revision Lap Band to RNY Approved 5/10/17 Surgery Date 6/6/2017

ScottAndrews
on 7/31/17 9:09 am
RNY on 03/20/17

I asked my surgeon this and he said if I did it would be during surgery so I wouldn't even know about it anyway.

Cut to 12+ hours after surgery and my bladder was filling with nothing going on down there. I walked, listened to running water, took meds, prayed, offered my first born son to sacrifice....nothing came out. When the surgical "team" came to see me I told them I needed a flomax the size of a hockey puck. Didn't work. So I got cathed. Right in the middle of post op which was buzzing with activity. Not fun. Not fun at all.

I think it was because my surgery ran long. Too much anasthesia basically paralyzed my bladder for a day. I had it in for about 24 hours. Thankfully my flow returned otherwise I would have had to do it all over.

AngAng
on 7/31/17 10:11 am

wow. Good to know.

I know that we will have some pretty strong pain meds going on after the procedure.. I was just curious if we will be able to get up and use the bathroom?

AngAng

ScottAndrews
on 7/31/17 10:30 am
RNY on 03/20/17

You should be able to get up and walk. They kind of insist on it. It's important as it helps reduce the risk of blood clots.

mirandaF
on 7/31/17 2:32 pm
RNY on 08/07/17

You have surgery the same exact day I am. I wish you the best of luck, being cathed isn't bad at all. Even when fully awake it wasn't bad. Last time I was cathed I had to remain that way for 2 days because my bladder stayed asleep and did not want to let me empty it on my own. (full hysterectomy will do this I hear) So if you are, it should only be a 1 day thing at most, possibly a little longer if your bladder doesn't want to wake up very well. Good luck on your surgery!

AngAng
on 8/3/17 11:56 am

I had the same thing happen in 2003 when I has a hysterectomy, I was cathed and my bladder wouldn't wake up. Strange.

I am soo nervous. I got the call, have to be at the Surgical Center at 6am on Monday. Yikes. 4 more day and I will be joining y'all on the losers bench!!

AngAng

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics