A year after the surgery!!!

Tilen
on 8/1/17 7:43 pm
RNY on 07/13/16

Hey there.

First of all, please excuse my writing in english since english is not my native language and there might be some mistakes in the text.

Like the title says, it's been a year ago since I got my gastric bypass surgery done. I was 17 years old back then, now 18 and I must say, that I am quiet impressed how this surgery changed my life. Before I decided for the surgery, I weighted 150 kilograms (330 pounds I believe?). My life was miserable or at least I thought so. I tried losing weight in many different ways, but I never was able to stay away from my obsession. Yes you are right. Food.

My mom got worried that I might die from obesity so she took me to the doctor and he told me that my only way out is this wonderful and amazing surgery. I did not even hesitate, I instantly said yes, without thinking about it. I had to go to many doctors and psychologists before I was ready to go under the knife.

So I did it. The surgery was done in about 2 hours, without any complications and I got to say that I did not have any problems with my stomach since the surgery, which I am quiet surprised, because I saw many people complain about different kind of problems POST-OP.

I never thought that just a "simple" surgery can change my life so much. I never imagined that I could live my "teenage" life normally just as any other kid.

As all of this was said, I am also going to start writing a blog about the surgery, how did my life look before the surgery and how is it now, I am also going to write about depression before the surgery and after and just kind of try to focus mainly on a daily life of being a Weight Loss Surgery patient.

Thank you for reading!

mirandaF
on 8/2/17 12:34 pm
RNY on 08/07/17

Thank you for posting! :) Reading things like this is what honestly helps give me a better day. I enjoy learning about other peoples experience, and how this surgery has changed them for better or worse. I hope you have lost the weight you wanted or are still loosing. I hope you continue to be happy and that you and your family share many good things to come. So thank you for letting us see a little bit of your life. :)

Tilen
on 8/2/17 12:58 pm
RNY on 07/13/16

Yeah I actually forgot to mention how much I lost. I lost 70 kilograms, I don't know how many pounds that is but it's a lot. I am pretty much happy with myself now. There are some thing that could of been better, for example my loose skin ( Which I don't have a lot) but I can live with that.

There is a picture of me on the left one year ago where I used to weight 150 kilograms. And there is a picture on the right where I weight 80 kilograms. I just gotta say that everything is possible and just believe in yourself. Don't let anyone tell you that you took the easy way out because the surgery is far from easy to deal with.

Caroljo4444
on 8/2/17 1:44 pm

Good job! You look amazing and yes, you're right... it is not the easy way. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing your story!

Carol

Banded 12/2006 - Revision to RNY 9/26/2016

HW 262 - SW 235 - CW 134

HonestOmnivore
on 8/2/17 1:20 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

You look great and your English is wonderful!

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 453 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 523 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 507 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 394 views
Recent Topics