18 days till surgery!! Optifast

Ash28
on 11/25/17 10:04 pm
RNY on 12/14/17

Hey I'm 19 days away from my surgery and the surgeon has me on a 3 weeks optifast 900 I'm day 3 in and it's so hard!!.

I just want to know if it's gets any easier cause wow ..I seem to be fine during the day but at night it's so hard and I've been having a few of small breton crackers and after reading online I'm scared now they won't operate on me anymore and also is it normal it's making me an emotional wreck?

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/17 9:14 am

The weeks of "fast" is the hardest part. Just look at the prize.

There are pluses and minuses to WLS. I had RNY, like you will. There are major changes to your relationship with food, the restrictions and all of the rules The bottom line for me: The minuses don't matter! The pluses are so huge! I feel so much better every day and I'm down from 287 to 163. I never thought I could do it! I WILL keep on track by following the program. You lose so little and gain so much. I will never regret the wonderful changes to my life!!!!

I hope that helps :) It's the truth!

Ash28
on 11/26/17 10:41 am
RNY on 12/14/17

That's amazing. Thank you for your reply I'll take it one day at a time

obxhatteraslight
on 11/26/17 11:40 am - baldwinsville, NY

I do not think a couple crackers will kill ya but I would not keep up with them. If you can get past through these 3 weeks it will help you to prepare for the road ahead. You got this!!

Ash28
on 11/26/17 3:06 pm
RNY on 12/14/17

It's hard I'm trying not to but again today cheated but I'm done cheating I just hope I'll still be able to get it done on the 14th...thank you for the reply!

nance1950
on 11/26/17 11:59 am
RNY on 04/26/17

When I started my three week liquid diet at first I felt deprived and angry. But after awhile the longing for food receded into the background...this way into wls was perfect....It was simple...i didnt have to deal with food at all. I was "eating" to fuel my body...it took the romance out of eating. Very helpful as a start to learning about new eating habits and emotions. I'm seven months out.now and still tend to feel a deep longing when I see pizza on TV....but now that feeling passes...and I go onto other things. I think the experience taught me personally the old adage" you eat to live not live to eat." I hope this makes sense. A tip: going to bed early is very helpful during this time. Best of luck Nancy

Ash28
on 11/26/17 3:08 pm
RNY on 12/14/17

Thank you for the reply!...I'm going to try and go to bed early to see if that'll help cause to be honest it's hard and I've been cheating but little things I know I shouldn't but wow

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/17 9:20 pm

Ash,

It does get easier. I am on week 4 of Opti. Yes I agree nights is the hardest time. You are relaxing a it and your mind has time to think about yummy snacks.

When this happens I go to sugar free jello or crstal light pop's I made myself.

We got this!

Penny

Ash28
on 11/26/17 11:32 pm
RNY on 12/14/17

I cheated again also tonight I'm 17 away from surgery so starting right now no more cheating I just hope it's out of time by my surgery!! I'm extremely disappointed with myself right now.

kairosgrammy
on 11/27/17 4:43 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

Just imagine these possibilities. Your fatty liver lays directly over your stomach. Because it is fatty, your liver is not in the best of shape. A surgeon would describe it as friable (fry-ah-bul) which means crumbly or easily disintegrated. So you don't do your part to get your liver in better shape, the surgeon gets in there and goes to lift your liver out of the way so he/she can get to your stomach. And it crumbles. Probably won't happen but it could and not a pretty picture. Or, your liver is still so fatty that the surgeon can't lift the liver out of the way sufficiently to get good access to your stomach. Not good either. Stick the diet out. It is worth it in the end.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views