Dehydration?

MsTwinkles
on 12/21/17 10:12 am
RNY on 01/16/17

So incredibly sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. Hugs to you and prayers for you and your family!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/21/17 10:37 am

So sorry for your lost. Condolences.

Drinking extra water may help overall situation: losing a close person can be very stressful. Getting enough water and minerals can help with the stress level. When I get even lightly dehydrated I often get a headache. When u get really stressed- I get a headache. Combination of dehydration and stress can cause migraine like headache for me. If I remember to drinking water or green tea, and breathing - I am still struggle- but I know I don't cause as much damage to myself.

Condolences.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Au_Contraire
on 12/21/17 10:59 am

Gerry,

My heart goes out to you! I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. I will include you, and your mom, in my prayers. Please take care of yourself.

Librarian67
on 12/21/17 3:57 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I am so sorry for your loss.

While I doubt that the loss of tears causes dehydration, the stress on your mind and body can trigger your need for more fluids. Be very gentle with yourself and take great care.

Lo82
on 12/23/17 9:49 am
RNY on 12/19/17

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mother passed away last month from cancer. It has been the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. I cry everyday. I had my gastric bypass on Tuesday and it has been a lot both grieving and trying to heal physically.

I'm not sure if you can get dehydrated from crying a lot, but as others have said, it can be easy to forget what we're supposed to do (drinking fluids, walking) when we're thinking of other things. I'm speaking from experience.

I hope you can find some peace and comfort in planning your days for healing, nourishment and health.

RNY: 12/19/2017. Height: 5'5. Highest weight: 287. Weight at beginning of process: 276.4. Weight at start of pre-op diet: 270. Surgery weight: 266.5. Current weight (5/20/2019): 182

Most Active