What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/16/18 1:35 am, edited 7/16/18 1:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning Menu Pals! Everyone ready for a new week? Today is a BIG day for me. Today we welcome back the school's leadership team. Have I mentioned that I am inheriting a very dysfunctional team? There is a lot of straight-up hatred between some of these people (and I expect a lot to be directed towards me), so today needs to be all about expectation setting.

pea**** paycheck.jpg

This was me this weekend! I got paid on Friday for the first time in 8 weeks and I had fun finding creative ways to spend it all. No pea****s (yet), but I walked through Target and basically threw one of everything into my cart and bought a shiny new laptop, too :)

QOTD: Do you hoard anything? I hoard food a little bit...I am not sure where it comes from, but I always have way more food than I could eat around. I am trying to get better about not having more fresh food than I can handle so that I am not throwing so much out, but I always have more than month's worth of jerky and protein bars in the pantry.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

bethmal
on 7/16/18 2:31 am, edited 7/15/18 8:22 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Monday Morning,

Good luck today JB. I hope you have a good day even though it sounds like it's going to be rough.

I got up super early with the hubs because I want to get out in the garden before the sun comes up - it is supposed to be a scorcher here.

QOTD: I do not hoard things. However, my husband is a mighty junk collector! I find myself throwing away, rehoming, or donating most of what he brings home.

B: Shake

S: overnight oats (this is new for me - hope I can do it.)

L: BLT on romaine lettuce - no bread

D: Instapot chicken thighs (because it is too hot to grill and too hot to heat up my kitchen) & garden fresh green beans

Have a great day everyone!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

pinyee
on 7/16/18 3:16 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Morning cause there really is nothing good about it... Wishing you luck today! I have a co-worker on vacation so I am doing double duty this week. Yeah me!

WOTD: I'm a hoarder of paper products. I have so much toilet paper, facial tissue, and paper towels in my house we could probably go a year without buying any and still not run out. Growing up we always ran out of those things and I said when I had my own house I would never do that and such is the case.

Food for the day:

B: cheese stick and egg scramble

L: cottage cheese and turkey

D: steak and salad

Have a nice day friends...

Just4me7
on 7/16/18 7:57 am

Hope your day gets better. Mondays are rough!

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

supershopper
on 7/16/18 3:49 am, edited 7/15/18 8:49 pm

hi all

back from exam hell and yes if you didn't see my post sat- I passed. I'm so so relieved it is over and didn't really think I would pass. I have to wait several weeks to get the actual scores. Apparently I woke up with a 3 pound gain over Friday's weight so now I'm so so annoyed. I did eat indian food Friday and the leftovers Sat so that is probably the issue (no rice and only a bite or two of naan) plus haven't been going number 2 very well and feel backed up. So- that is the plan today. miralax is in the coffee now and will be taking some 'extras' today to help with that.

I actually read a book over the weekend that I held in my grubby little palms. first time for that in a long time, got spoiled on audio books. I sad once I was done with this test studying business I was going to read an actual book. It was a murder mystery and not that great- but anyway...

QOTD:yes, I hoard 'snacks' which are protein bars, beef sticks. I also have a huge perfume, lotion, and body spray, makeup stash and of course clothing.... Oh- edited to add card making supplies and jewelry making supplies...

Food for today:

protein pancakes with added oat fiber

coffee

coffee

water

leftover homemade curry and veg/chicken

dinner is leftover 'healthy' shepherds pie (with broc and kale instead of taters)

gym tonight will either be yoga OR arms or both.

BTW- if you are a dunkin rewards member, they may be doing .66 iced coffee in your area- check your app- ours gives discounted coffee when our baseball team wins- (atlanta braves)

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 7/16/18 3:37 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on passing the test!

Woot!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 7/16/18 4:20 am, edited 7/15/18 10:25 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! It's Monday again, and frankly I don't want to start a new week! It was a good weekend, and I thought I slept well last night, but all I want to do is crawl back in bed and pet the cats! Instead I was up early and drove DW to work and have been working in my home office for almost an hour already...pushing through.

This was the last weekend of World Cup Soccer for 4 years, and while it was a great tournament, I am ready for life without 2-4 soccer games a day each weekend, plus weekday games. The games were good this weekend but both of my favorite teams lost so that was disappointing.

Saturday after the game, I took a 6.5 mile hike in a wooded part. I really pushed myself and when I got home, I was super bushed! Sunday morning before the game, I went to the pool and did 70 minutes of laps. Very relaxing! We also did more sorting through clothes for DW, and I have many loads of laundry and then bags of clothes to donate.

Speaking of clothes to donate, does anyone want a bunch of exercise gear (dri-tec shirts, jackets and capris & running tights) and 2-3 pairs of biking capri pants & biking shirts (with padding) in L and XL? They are in great shape and I'd love for them to find a good home with someone who would get good use out of them.

Friday I had a good workout with my new trainer. It was challenging but not so hard that I couldn't move afterward. I will work with him for an hour again today.

Today will be a busy day. Several hours of teleworking, an hour with the trainer (driving 1/2 hour East), then my appointment with the PS (driving 45+ minutes West), pick up DW from work, and hopefully making it back in time to go to Aqua Zumba tonight...

QOTD: I have always struggled with hoarding food. I do much better than I used to but I still throw out way too much fresh food and that is frustrating. I also hoard yarn and spinning fiber. I fall in love and then don't finish using it. Also still hanging on to boxes of quilting fabric because I just might use it some day!

Menu: I will be running around alot today so there will be Chomps and string cheese packed in a bag.

B1: vanilla Premier Protein shake, coffee

B2: hard boiled egg, ham

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, beef biltong

Lunch: turkey breast

Snack: Chomps, string cheese, apple

Dinner: leftover crab cake, collards

Exercise: gym time, ?Aqua Zumba

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 7/16/18 4:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Good morning!

Three-year appt with my bariatric surgeon today. Of course my weight is up - crap. Must have had more sodium than I thought yesterday, because calorie-wise I was fine. Although not that he'd notice this temporary gain, because I'm up c. 6-8 lbs overall from when I saw him last year (bounce back). Although they did warn us that that often happens, so maybe he won't say anything (I'm still freaked out about being weighed and "yelled at" by doctors!)

otherwise, the retirees from my former job (where I worked 16-24 years ago) have their monthly lunch get-together today and I was invited, even though I didn't retire from that place. I was pleasantly surprised to get their invitation, so I'm going. And then I have a committee meeting tonight at Panera Bread. Plus I need to work on my organization's Web site and finish up some other stuff, too. So another semi-busy day.. But at least I don't have to deal with a dysfunctional staff (JB)!!! I'm not missing work AT ALL.

QOTD: food for sure. I have lots of tubs of protein powder and protein bars. And fresh berries - why do I buy these every freaking time I go to the store? I love them and eat them almost every morning, but...really? I have lots of homemade berry sauces and preserves that I could put on my yogurt (for a L-O-N-G time I might add), but every time I go to the store, more boxes of berries end up in my cart. I used to hoard a lot more things (like posters from art museums, coffee-table art books, and cookbooks), but luckily, that's stopped. I finally realized how much money I was spending on them, and they end up just collecting dust (or still wrapped in their plastic wrap piled in closets, like those not-so-cheap art posters...)

3 years 1 month out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein shake

L: not sure. We're meeting on campus, though, so I may just take - or buy - some yogurt

AS: raw vegetables and ranch dip (made from Greek yogurt)

D: at Panera bread. Probably a cup of black bean soup and one of the lower calorie salads (half) - the Asian chicken salad or the Thai chicken salad

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Maddymoe2
on 7/16/18 6:35 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I hope you have a great appt. today with your surgeon.

yvonnef1964
on 7/16/18 4:54 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Im going to try to post more often during the week. Work and life just been busy and I feel out of the loop of what's going on with everyone.

I had a blood test last week to check my liver and the results came in Saturday night on my health portal and everything was in normal range. Now I just have to wait for my bariatric dr appt for my yearly checkup and see what my labs are.

Work is going good. Working mostly with babies which I love. Last Monday,I didn't know if I could continue working since I was so tired but the rest of the week I felt good.

I had a piece of pineapple pie at my dads and some chips later on.

Qotd I hoard magazines. I keep ordering magazines subscription and I feel I don't have enough time to read them. When my box gets full in the living room, I put them in groceries bags and stick in my bedroom closet. I'm trying to make a effort to look at them when they come.

Coffee with milk or cream flavored I do half of what I drink of each.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L tuna, cottage cheese and banana

D not sure what they are serving at support group but I do have protein bars in my purse if needed

Have a good day

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 444 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?